Durable minimalist/barefoot/zero drop shoes

20240416_104403.jpg

I got some Saguaro shoes off Amazon in Europe for 40 Euros.

The mesh did not stand the force of my follow through and started ripping on the right shoe at the side. I also had the problem of putting my weight too much on the side of my foot, so I guess that also played into it. If someone follow through cleanly on the heel I would think they would hold up a little longer. This way I could play with them for about 3 months in the winter with at least bi-weekly practice. I wouldnt use them on concrete/stone tee pads, turf if much better as it puts less strain on the shoe.

As a replacement I got some Vivobarefoot Magna FG shoes for hals off the revivo site. They were resoled, the leather upper looked a bit old though. IMO the Magna FG shoes with leather are of a much better build quality than the Primus line by Vivo. In the store the Primus line seemed really plasticky, not particularly comfortable and a bit cheap. The Magna FG ones are much better and the sock-like design is great for barefoot shoes as it will stick to the foot without being restrictive. I can barely feel the shoes, it is more like I just had some soles under my feet without a shoe sticking to it.

Found these for $50 (Sierra on the shelf). They mostly check the boxes. Will find out how they do in water.

fullsizeoutput-832.jpg

So these are officially done. Not 12 months and I've glued them back together several times. Treads are just getting worn right, too. The sole had a weird tendency to fold under, too. They feel great and give me wonderful ground feedback.

Latest posts