• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DX Beasts

Try throwing your flippy Beasts on increasing amounts of hyzer until you find the release angle where they won't flip completely. If you need to release near vertical, check your follow through. Usually when I'm not able to hold a hyzer; I'm releasing hyzer, but following through flat.

If your form is good and they are still super flippy, get some new beasts and try to learn rollers with the super flippy ones.

Companies make drivers in baseline plastic, like DX, as a cheaper way to introduce players to the sport. As others have said, it loses it's original flight characteristics very quickly, like within a few days or sooner. Some players carry a disc like that for specialty shots, but nobody I know uses baseline plastic as their main drivers -- if they did, they would all be bald from pulling their hair out!

If you want to throw Beasts, get them in Champ or Star plastic -- your hair will thank you. ;)

My first driver was the Beast (in Champion) and used to be my most reliable driver since.
Champion and Pro Beasts seem to be pretty stable to me.
I just bought a DX Beast recently (for backup and it was really cheap) and its super-flippy.
Its less stable out of the box than my 2 year old go to Champion.
Premium plastic for the win.

Latest posts