• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

dye alternatives, and broader ranges of colors

"soooooo my retail partner finally got the pylam in... he's going to be selling it in .5oz sizes"

Duff-Dyed, I'd be very interested in purchasing .5 oz sizes of Pylam Dye from you or your retail partner. Thanks for any updates!

Quick question: Is Pylam significantly better than Jacquard iDye Poly? Have not yet invested in any supplies yet, but very much want to get started with dyeing.

Here will be my first project: a very simple stencil dye, all black laid over a red Legacy Icon Cannon. "Return of Cannon."

return_of_ganon.png

"soooooo my retail partner finally got the pylam in... he's going to be selling it in .5oz sizes"

Duff-Dyed, I'd be very interested in purchasing .5 oz sizes of Pylam Dye from you or your retail partner. Thanks for any updates!

Quick question: Is Pylam significantly better than Jacquard iDye Poly? Have not yet invested in any supplies yet, but very much want to get started with dyeing.

Here will be my first project: a very simple stencil dye, all black laid over a red Legacy Icon Cannon. "Return of Cannon."

return_of_ganon.png

yes! sorry guys, I've been slacking. he got em in, but idk how i feel about his price, so don't shoot the messenger. $12 per .25oz. call the disc golf store at (586)-435-7031 and when you talk to nick, tell him duff sent you.

yes! sorry guys, I've been slacking. he got em in, but idk how i feel about his price, so don't shoot the messenger. $12 per .25oz. call the disc golf store at (586)-435-7031 and when you talk to nick, tell him duff sent you.

Yea...See what your saying. Homeboy's trying to hustle that ****! lol Id rather put in my own $100 + order and have 16 oz's of dye to play with ;)

Hopefully he doesn't cut that $hit too!!! :p

I don't know why, but this had me cracking up :D. Just imagining someone slinging dye like it's coke, cutting it with like really fine colored sands or something....too funny:hfive:

i can assure you, its 100% pure columbian... oh wait... but for real, its not cut. the thing is, he has it all packaged fancy and in jars and ****... so that drove the cost up. he was talking about doing the china trader thing and getting 300+ plastic jars for like fractions of a cent. he just got these glass jars locally to set up a package to get it on the shelf. ill let him know.

Thanks for the update Duff, Pylam might be a bit rich for my blood at the moment. Unless, is(are) there any color(s) that Pylam absolutely excells at? I just invested in the following iDye Poly colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Golden Yellow, Green, Kelly Green, Blue, Silver Grey, Brown, Black and Pink.

I would consider picking up select colors from Pylam. For instance, I hear that Worm Dye does pink and green very well. Are there any colors from Pylam that stand head above the rest?

I love this thread. Supplies are arriving soon, can't wait to put these stencils on plastic!

I haven't used it personally, but I think Pylam is the consensus pick for best Green. iDye's greens are not great. Worm dye is good, but only if you are looking for a neon green.

If Pylam green is noticeably better, I might have to pick up one of those as well. Any other colors where Pylam stands heads above the rest?

Hopefully he doesn't cut that $hit too!!! :p

I don't know why, but this had me cracking up :D. Just imagining someone slinging dye like it's coke, cutting it with like really fine colored sands or something....too funny:hfive:

I often look through my dye gear and wonder how much I could get for some of my rainbow of colors of the Classic Rit. Still no substitute for some of those colors, or the good 'ol Rit itself :)

If Pylam green is noticeably better, I might have to pick up one of those as well. Any other colors where Pylam stands heads above the rest?

Yea the green is bomb! Also their Flourescent yellow is second to none...Add some of that to there already bright green and BAMM!! You got a pretty sick neon green...

Other colors I have tried that I also like are Aqua Blue, Violet, and their Fuschia!!!

pylams green is the best, by no other competition from any one else... you can even shade it. and the yellow can be either chartreuse or yellow depending on how you use it. see pictures for examples.

Attachments

• BFMbuzzz.jpg
    BFMbuzzz.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 76
  • anodeflydye.jpg
    anodeflydye.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 70
  • forceflydyed.jpg
    forceflydyed.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 67
Bill. F*****'. Murray. That disc looks beautiful, Duff. I see what you mean with regards to Pylam's green dye being unmatched. Thanks a lot for the pictures.

So how exactly do I go about ordering some from your guy? I will pay what he has them priced at :gross:, just for some green and flourescent yellow.

Edit: Nevermind- I see that you posted the number a page back.

Yea the green is bomb! Also their Flourescent yellow is second to none...Add some of that to there already bright green and BAMM!! You got a pretty sick neon green...

Other colors I have tried that I also like are Aqua Blue, Violet, and their Fuschia!!!

Nice, I've got some Green, Yellow, Pink and Turquoise on the way from Pylam Products. I was going back and forth between the Aqua that you suggested and the Turquoise. Maybe I'll get some Aqua and Violet with the next order!

Just throwing this out there, that if anyone is interested in pitching in on an order from Pylam, I'd be down. 4oz jars of dye from Pylam costs, on average, about $33.40. If we got a group of 4 people to decide on some colors to purchase in 4oz packages, we could each pay about $8.35 an ounce plus tax and shipping. It's still on the pricey side, but much cheaper than paying $12 for a 1/4 ounce.

Anyone interested? If 3 other people are down, I'd be willing to front the purchase and ship it out.

Latest posts