• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

dyeing dark discs

greg_b_4

Birdie Member
I have never dyed a disc and had a question regarding the original color. I have the trilogy challenge driver (thief) and it is a god awful dark green/brown color. Impossible to find in the woods. I was wondering if it is even possible to dye it to make it easier to find. Thanks in advance

Not really, no. Unless you think black would be easier to find - not neccesarily the whole disc, you could put a stencil of whatever in black, but there's no making it brighter.

Post up a pic of the disc. Having not seen the color, I'd be guessing, but if anything, you may be able to "brighten it up" with florescent yellow worm dye... maybe.?

Peace,
-Jeff

Maybe try a silver sharpie? I think I've seen them on black discs. If it works, I'd put a Silver Surfer image on it. Or like Bennet says dye half of it black. Maybe like a yin yang symbol.

If you make a circle on the disc, about 1" - 2" wide, with silver sharpie, it will be much easier to spot.
It will never be as easy to find as a white disc, but it will help a lot.

BTW, the silver sharpie is PDGA legal, because it does not leave a discernable thickness on the disc.

Latest posts