• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic disc Trooper

roland365

Anyone know the price of these when they come out? Looks to be same size as BP1 or UPD pinch. Hopefully comparable price.

Yeah that's where I saw it the first time. I was hoping it'd be pretty cheap to have as a quick round bag

A local DD vendor told me that the bag had around a 40$ price point

A local DD vendor told me that the bag had around a 40$ price point

Just watched this video and wondered the same thing. $40 seems legit. I was guessing around $50.

The bags colored me intrigued. I want something like this but haven't really liked what's come out. I may bite the bullet!

I was committed to the Pinch by upper park to fill this need, but I am intrigued. Curious to see capacity. I really want something that will be "full" with 10-12 discs for my casual rounds. I hate carrying my ranger when i dont need it, but my nutsac is often not quite enough either.

I ended up picking up one of these Trooper packs.

I really like mine.

Solid pack if you don't need to carry a ton of discs.

I carry lots of mids, more mids than drivers.

I am fitting 17 in the main pocket & 4 in the putter pocket.

Lots of room for extras & a water bottle.

Sits upright nicely, doesn't topple or sag.

At $40 I know it is base level, but compared to some other options I have tried, this bag is great!

I ended up picking up one of these Trooper packs.

I really like mine.

Solid pack if you don't need to carry a ton of discs.

I carry lots of mids, more mids than drivers.

I am fitting 17 in the main pocket & 4 in the putter pocket.

Lots of room for extras & a water bottle.

Sits upright nicely, doesn't topple or sag.

At $40 I know it is base level, but compared to some other options I have tried, this bag is great!

Have you used the Prodigy BP-1 and how do they compare? Has anyone used a Prodigy BP-1 and this bag and how do they compare?

I used the Prodigy BP3 last season, the Trooper is a better bag IMO.

I have not used the BP1

Has anyone done a "side by side" comparison w/ a DD Sniper bag? My brother is just getting into disc golf, and I'm a big fan of the "buy once cry once" mentality and was looking at a Commander Bag for him....but if the Trooper is gonna be solid for a few years, I might go that route and spend the other cash on plastic for him.

Has anyone done a "side by side" comparison w/ a DD Sniper bag? My brother is just getting into disc golf, and I'm a big fan of the "buy once cry once" mentality and was looking at a Commander Bag for him....but if the Trooper is gonna be solid for a few years, I might go that route and spend the other cash on plastic for him.

I have both a Sniper and a Trooper. They're both well made and built to last. I can fit everything I carry in the Sniper in the Trooper with a little bit of breathing room disc-wise (17 in the main compartment)...I think it's mainly because it's soft-sided rather than rigid. I mainly use the Trooper to carry back-ups (basically a duplicate set-up) and extra towels but I have used it on the course when I've traveled and needed the more compact profile for space purposes (the empty parts are squishier).

There are three disadvantages to the Trooper which lead me to use the Sniper as my primary bag. First is the lack of a putter pocket. Second is only having one bottle holder (countered by the possibly advantageous extra storage pocket in its place). Third is that because it is soft-sided, the bottom molds to the shape of the discs and it has a tendency to fall over more often.

The soft bottom thing might be fixable with a DIY mod like putting something flat and inflexible in the bottom of the bag to keep it from rounding. Not much of a solution for the putter pocket short of using the storage section at the top, which has the disadvantage of taking up what limited storage the bag has. Ditto for using the extra side pocket for an extra bottle if you need extra fluids.

If we're talking a relatively new player without a lot of discs and "extras" that tend to accumulate in experienced player's bags, the Trooper is an excellent bag to start with. It's not "too much" bag for a hobbyist with just a few discs but it is also something that one won't outgrow all that quickly if they end up deep diving with enthusiasm for the game.

I have both a Sniper and a Trooper. They're both well made and built to last. I can fit everything I carry in the Sniper in the Trooper with a little bit of breathing room disc-wise (17 in the main compartment)...I think it's mainly because it's soft-sided rather than rigid. I mainly use the Trooper to carry back-ups (basically a duplicate set-up) and extra towels but I have used it on the course when I've traveled and needed the more compact profile for space purposes (the empty parts are squishier).

There are three disadvantages to the Trooper which lead me to use the Sniper as my primary bag. First is the lack of a putter pocket. Second is only having one bottle holder (countered by the possibly advantageous extra storage pocket in its place). Third is that because it is soft-sided, the bottom molds to the shape of the discs and it has a tendency to fall over more often.

The soft bottom thing might be fixable with a DIY mod like putting something flat and inflexible in the bottom of the bag to keep it from rounding. Not much of a solution for the putter pocket short of using the storage section at the top, which has the disadvantage of taking up what limited storage the bag has. Ditto for using the extra side pocket for an extra bottle if you need extra fluids.

If we're talking a relatively new player without a lot of discs and "extras" that tend to accumulate in experienced player's bags, the Trooper is an excellent bag to start with. It's not "too much" bag for a hobbyist with just a few discs but it is also something that one won't outgrow all that quickly if they end up deep diving with enthusiasm for the game.

AWESOME RESPONSE! Helps me out quite a bit!! Thank you for that!

I'm thinkin maybe i'll put the $$ I save on the bag towards a pile of plastic

Latest posts