• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Freedom

King has a 2.3 rim so Innova scale speed 12

Freedom 2.4 rim Innova scale speed 13

Freedom specs are much closer to a World or Bolt. My guess is that its a completely new mold.

Could just be a Bolt though. hehe

I just grabbed two of the LE dyemax fuzion ones and it's weird because the rim doesn't feel that thick. Certainly not more than a King. I'm not arguing numbers I'm sure the measurements are accurate I'm just going on how it feels in my hand. It's a solid speed 13 I'd say but it's very comfortable. Much more so than a King or even a Giant to me.

Doesn't seem to resemble any other mold in shape. Just going off a guess on how it looks I'd say it's not going to be as understable as a bolt but maybe closer to a Sorcerer and Havoc. Has just the perfect amount of dome for me Not flat or concave but not a big pop top dome either. Right in the middle of those. The lucid is supposed to be out I think for Black Friday they might have more dome. I might throw one of these freedoms on sunday.

I picked up a sparkle VIP harp too. Was never a fan of it but in vip plastic it's worth the money to try. It's really like a slightly deeper Z zone. Plenty OS too. I might end up bagging it for certain courses.

That should be sweet. I was hoping for something a little closer to a Sorcerer than a King. The King is awesome but I find myself cringing wondering when/if it's coming back. It stays anhyzered for like 350-400' before fading. it flies more like a 7 than an S. Placing my order tonight for the fuzion freedom dyes...

Just ordered. Listed as a 14 5 -2 3
I have been digging my Bolt lately, and have re introduced to a Pro Katana, man can that thing fly.

Very excited about this disc. Will do a review here once I get it.

Sounds just like a king so far, I wonder how the stability will compare to the nice pop top king in my truck.

How are there no reviews on this yet? I know their out there. If I got my hands on one, I would be throwing that thing rain or shine same day! And, I would let everyone know here on DGCR because I'm nice like that ;):p

Yeah, I'm starting to doubt people's dedication here.. wth.

Mine are taking a while to ship. Says Saturday so they probably wont get here before my rounds at Steilacoom this weekend. I really want to check out my strange run VIP harp too.

Yeah, I'm starting to doubt people's dedication here.. wth.

Mine are taking a while to ship. Says Saturday so they probably wont get here before my rounds at Steilacoom this weekend. I really want to check out my strange run VIP harp too.

I actually just played a round at Steili NW this morning! Was supposed to meet a buddy who had a VIP harp for me, but he backed out... So unfortunately I won't be able to get up a review on that yet either. I did shoot a -1 on the NW, so I got that going for me... which is nice

Nice! I've heard the OB is tricky at Steili, and NW has a 465' Par 3. -1 is no joke. This weekend will be my first trip to Steilacoom and I'll probably be playing NW and Ray's, with or without my Freedoms and VIP Harp!

I have some VIP Kings, fresh moonshine trespass, and light weight VIP Sorc to try out so I should be throwing enough new plastic to make Par a pipe dream.

FREEDOM REVIEW: OMG! This thing can fly. It reminds me of the ease, and distance of a Pro Katan, but in a sleeker, sharper design. It's a natural flex flight with a good amount of fade. I threw quit a few shots with it, all over 400'. Which is pretty good for me. My max with a Bolt was 438' the Freedom hit 446' (Udisc) I couldn't get it to dump. On an anhyzer it rides it very long and fast, and then fades back. A powerful Hyzer flip does flatten out a bit, but pretty much rides the Hyzer line the whole way. Very stable, very fast. The first thing I noticed is how good it feels in your hand. The rim is perfect for me. Feels a lot smaller than the rim of a NukeSS. Ultimately, if I compared it to another disc it's a Bolt on steroids. I hadn't thrown a King/Havoc. But the Bolt has been my best distance driver. The only major difference (other than speed) is stability. The Freedom is a bit more stable for me.
I am so happy with this disc. Definetely going to be getting another. Will post a vid of its flight tomorrow.

Awesome, thx Squirillah! !

Sounds exactly like a King. The King also stays turned over most of its flight before fading. If the Tern/Sorcerer gives you an S curve, this thing gives you a 7.

In a lot of ways actually it reminds me of the Renegade. It's way way faster, but the flight is very Renegade-esc. Granted you don't turn the Renegade much, because that disc can dump.

It's like a bolt. Its a higher PLH, but the wing angles down a little more.
Don't have a Halo.

I couldn't get a video today, it was snowing

Here's Freedom (left) Bolt (right)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 115
Just got my freedom in the mail today along with a halo and trespass. I to love the bolt, probably my best disc in terms of distance. I'm on the fence on even tossing it since its so purdy but after reading the post on "bolt on steroids" how can I not toss it.

Just got my freedom in the mail today along with a halo and trespass. I to love the bolt, probably my best disc in terms of distance. I'm on the fence on even tossing it since its so purdy but after reading the post on "bolt on steroids" how can I not toss it.

I know what you mean. I'm definetely not throwing it on the rocks, I'm hoping when they release Fluid plastic on the 27th the have a freedom mold. I definetely want another. Even though it's too cold to throw right now.

It's like a bolt. Its a higher PLH, but the wing angles down a little more.
Don't have a Halo.

I couldn't get a video today, it was snowing

Here's Freedom (left) Bolt (right)

Can you flip the discs on the tops and take another side by side, thanks

cant wait for the fluid line and a regular fusion freedom. any compare the freedom to a moonshine havoc yet?

Latest posts