• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Freedom

Mine arrived yesterday. They look exactly like Kings with a slightly flatter top. I received a 169g that is flatter than the 172g and will be thrown this afternoon. The 172g has some really nice marbling and is staying on the shelf for now.

Sorry, I should have been mor specific. Just like the first pic, the plh heighth profile but flipped on their tops (like the last pic but from the front or side not the top) down. I would like to see which is more domier.

Thanks, hope this makes sense. I kinda confused me...

I feel like such a goober I played a tourney today hosted by dynamic, the chasin the chains rv was there with all the awesome merchandise. I placed in the tourney and had merch credit and didn't get a freedom. I got three other disc instead of the freedom. eventhough I compared the freedom against other disc I simply forgot all about when I got my disc. without a doubt though, the disc just had that look, like it would fly a mile.

Sorry, I should have been mor specific. Just like the first pic, the plh heighth profile but flipped on their tops (like the last pic but from the front or side not the top) down. I would like to see which is more domier.

Thanks, hope this makes sense. I kinda confused me...

Oh gotcha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 92
Thanks brotha, I'm glad to see the freedoms much flatter than the bolt. I'm eager to throw one. It'll probably be just a bit more stable than the bolt I'm hoping.

Very helpful pictures

Yes, it is definetely more stable than a Bolt. I just got a King, I'd put the Freedom right in between. With the Freedom a little closer to the King.

Now this is a new Freedom, being compared to a used TP King. but def. more stable than the Bolt.

I just want to clarify that I assume the beat in TP King you talked about is not from the stable end of Kings.

I hoped the Freedom would be a consistent mold that is less US than the older TP Kings, but maybe a bit less OS than the newer quite OS Kings.

I just want to clarify that I assume the beat in TP King you talked about is not from the stable end of Kings.

I hoped the Freedom would be a consistent mold that is less US than the older TP Kings, but maybe a bit less OS than the newer quite OS Kings.

Ya idk, I guy just gave me his used dye max king to try. It's not too beat up, but def. used

Say the King finishes left, the bolt finishes right, the freedom finished in your line.

Picked up a Lucid Freedom today and this disc is sleek! Probably the thinnest disc I have ever held. Will be testing it out tomorrow!

Got some throws in with my Lucid 175g Freedom. I have to say I am very disappointed. First off, the shallow rim was extremely hard for me to grip. The specs say it is the same depth as the Discraft Crank, but having thrown the Crank I can say they are not the same. I threw with and without gloves on and was not having any luck.

Now onto the flight. I was really flipping this disc and it wasn't coming back. This was surprising since it is supposed to have a 3 LSS. I certainly saw the -2 HSS, and I would say it was probably more a -3. The LSS was probably a -1.5 or 2. It was windy and cold so perhaps take this with a grain of salt.

This disc is just not for me. I was having much better luck with my Vip Air Giant.

Those of you saying they are flippy and not coming back I assume are throwing the Lucid and with a flat release? The dyemax fuzion freedoms are pretty stable. I've throw it a bit and let a lot of people who throw flatter with more arm speed and everyone had the same results. Very little high speed turn and a lot of fade. This is the dyemax fuzion though not the lucid.

I got my Freedoms in earlier this week but have only had a chance to throw them a few times. Here's my take. I have two Pink Lucid Freedoms both are 170g. No pictures, sorry :(

First feel:
They have a decent sized rim for a 14speed, but nothing too large. My other high speed drivers are Trespasses and Enforcers and the Freedom is noticeably wider but not by a lot. The flight plate is pretty flat without any dome, concave, or "nipple".

The rim-depth is shallow; VERY shallow. It feels like there's barely enough room to fit my fingertips on the rim, and it does affect your confidence holding the disc. It feels like I don't have my full power grip on the rim. I have average hands and have no issues holding other discs. I have not thrown other 14speeds to compare this to.

First throws:
--Thrown flat and at 100% they flipped to a cut-roll. I had little-to-no wind.
--Thrown with a little height and hyzer they flew really straight turned mid flight and faded back pretty well.
--Thrown high and anyhyzer with plenty of room to work they turned pretty much the whole flight but faded in the middle of the path. I tried to throw them like I do my Havoc.
--I have not been able to test many hyzer-flips as some soccer team came out and took my field from me.
--I was able to land the Freedom further than I have before on one of the tougher, uphill holes at my home course. Landed on the top, flat, instead of on the uphill. That felt pretty damn good.

Once I got used to the flight, I was able to throw at 80-90% power and get some very nice, and turning throws out of them. They definitely need room to work. They're also very touchy, and do not handle power very well. And I don't really have a "power arm."

I was not able to measure distance but do far they go just as far as my Havoc and I had a really good rip on a Trespass that was only 10' behind the Freedom.

Last thoughts:
I'll need more time with the Freedom to figure out if it's as good as I wanted to believe. It's a bomber but needs lots of room and not much wind to get there. The rim depth is disappointing. I do not feel like I get a confident hold on the disc. It could be a great long-distance roller, or bomber if the hyzer-flip is right.

Thanks

The dyemax fuzion freedoms are pretty stable. I've throw it a bit and let a lot of people who throw flatter with more arm speed and everyone had the same results. Very little high speed turn and a lot of fade. This is the dyemax fuzion though not the lucid.
Mine is not.

My Fuzion DyeMax is understable but not flippy, also very flat.

I would think Lucid would be a little more HSS than the Fuzion.

So these are basically Innova Vulcans. Glad I read this thread. I will pass on these. Thanks for the great reviews that saved me some money.

Nothing like a vulcan imo. no dome, not nearly as understable, but I have only thrown the fuzion.