• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

Considering the trouble Lat seems to have with running their own putters in those plastics, I wouldn't hold your breath that it'll be any time soon. :( That's a real shame too. I'm really looking forward to getting my Judge in the mail. I prefer to throw slower discs with beads.

Well damn.. I thought I read on the release that the judge would be release in all 4 plastics.

Figured I would do some comparisons of the Fugitive before I hit the course.

Z Buzzz on the left vs. Lucid Fugitive on the right. Other than flight path I wouldn't really compare these at all. The buzzz is more forgiving to OAT but the Fugitive is no comet either. I've hulked a few on anny lines and it always fights back. Probably about the same High speed turn but the Fugitive fades more like a Wasp.

30dhvns.jpg

Flat top KC Pro Glo Roc from DD vs. Lucid Fugitive

obviously more dome on the fugitive but they feel very similar in hand. I would say this particular Roc is a tad more high speed stable but they have roughly the same low speed fade, maybe the Roc edging it out a little. One thing though.....no buzzz or Roc I've ever thrown or seen thrown can glide like this Fugitive. I get more glide the more I power it down. It's pretty awesome.

1hezhf.jpg

Well damn.. I thought I read on the release that the judge would be release in all 4 plastics.

I know there are plans for soft and firm variants in the Classic plastic at least. Just read the release again to make sure I didn't miss anything and unfortunately didn't see anything regarding which mold would get which plastic. As much as I love my Opto Pure and would love to try an Opto Sinus, if the Judge is half as good (looks amazing really!) as the inbounds chart says, it could be a real winner in premium plastic.

Didn't mean to come off so snide. Yes, thank you for fixing that (took me a little time to realize where the Pure was).

Judging from the inbounds flight chart, it does look like a more stable Pure, but a bead that size seems like it would make it a lot more stable. I can't wait to get mine in the mail and take a closer look. Again, I will take some profile comparison pics if no one beats me to the punch.

We didn't take any offense...no sweat!

One thing to remember is that these initial flight charts are currently only based on the manufacturer's flight ratings. Our flight charts will be updated over time as additional flight data becomes available.

We didn't take any offense...no sweat!

One thing to remember is that these initial flight charts are currently only based on the manufacturer's flight ratings. Our flight charts will be updated over time as additional flight data becomes available.

FWIW your charts are about perfect to what I would draw them as after throwing all four molds. If they deviate from their numbers by the manufacturer I would say it's in the HSS but bigger arms than mine should find they hold true to the numbers.

great job on the pics and comparisons steezeog. That is definitely a Mercy derived putter. I'm not sure about the "fairway" driver now. The other two are still Sword and Warship in my book.

I'll probably have to wait until los Reyes Magos come before I can get a hold of some of these :p

It kinda sounds like a Westside Warship.

Figured I would do some comparisons of the Fugitive before I hit the course.

Z Buzzz on the left vs. Lucid Fugitive on the right. Other than flight path I wouldn't really compare these at all. The buzzz is more forgiving to OAT but the Fugitive is no comet either. I've hulked a few on anny lines and it always fights back. Probably about the same High speed turn but the Fugitive fades more like a Wasp.

30dhvns.jpg

Flat top KC Pro Glo Roc from DD vs. Lucid Fugitive

obviously more dome on the fugitive but they feel very similar in hand. I would say this particular Roc is a tad more high speed stable but they have roughly the same low speed fade, maybe the Roc edging it out a little. One thing though.....no buzzz or Roc I've ever thrown or seen thrown can glide like this Fugitive. I get more glide the more I power it down. It's pretty awesome.

1hezhf.jpg

great job on the pics and comparisons steezeog. That is definitely a Mercy derived putter. I'm not sure about the "fairway" driver now. The other two are still Sword and Warship in my book.

I'll probably have to wait until los Reyes Magos come before I can get a hold of some of these :p

Thanks. Happy to help the speculation train keep moving. So you say it is close to a Mercy? Is a mercy really close to a pure? Cause when I hold this judge and pure in opposite hands I can barely tell a difference except the bead.

I have to keep intoning "my bag is complete, my bag is complete, my bag is complete" over and over in my head as I read this thread. However, if I hear too many more comparisons of the fugitive to the warship I'll need to get one. The Warship never clicked for me, but I could use a faster midrange than the Roc for distance duties this winter (I've sworn off drivers until the spring comes to work on my accuracy). Please, for the sake of my wallet, nobody tell me that the fugitive is awesome :p

It kinda sounds like a Westside Warship.

DAMN YOOOOUUU!!!

:D

I just recently lost my only Mercy so I can't put pics up of a Pure and Mercy. I promise you that the Judge is based on the Mercy. The bead on the Mercy is very unique (until the Judge came out).

Found it!! Says in the Judge thing that it'll be available in all 4 plastics. Just so you guys don't think I'm crazy!

http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/disc-golf-discs/

YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!!!! Thank you for your persistence. I hadn't seen that page.

I just recently lost my only Mercy so I can't put pics up of a Pure and Mercy. I promise you that the Judge is based on the Mercy. The bead on the Mercy is very unique (until the Judge came out).

I'm heading home in a few. I'll post one in a bit.

As promised...I have another pic that shows the profile lit up instead of darkened, but I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference. Let me know if you'd rather me upload that one (like Steeze, I only have my phone - cleaned the lens as well as I could).
TM2 Pure in pink & EZE Mercy in yellow
2012-12-14180925_zps01c9f525.jpg

Just got home from throwing all the DD plastic with Ty. I totally applaud DD for their roll out of their own disc line. True to swedish form the plastic feels amazing and still waiting on the name of the Goldlineish plastic line. I love the lucid plastic and am looking forward to the standard Classic plastic vs the soft variant. The Judge is very focus/wizard like with the bead. I didnt do any major throwing with this. The discs are understable out of the hand so either make sure you pull super flat or even on a lil hyzer to let it flip up and GLIDE and when I say glide I mean it, these things go! I'll have to see where these discs might actually fit in my bag, but overall I like them and always want to support my boys over at DD. One of the other local guys hit an ace earlier today with the Escape. Well worth picking some up just to throw around and see what you think. Im waiting for word on what they are gonna come out with that is a lil more stable. Also the tooling is cool with the DD crown and disc name in the mold and most discs have the weight actually printed lightly on the underside.

I'm interested in the Escape and the Fugitive amongst these discs. I think the Lat 64 plastic is probably why.

Got my hands on the new line of discs from Dynamic Disc. I have to admit I am amazed at the flight of these discs. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a hardcore discraft fan,but after throwing these I see my bag switching over. These discs are simply amazing! I'll start with the fairway driver Escape. When first Holding it,it fits comfortable in the hand. The rim feels like a T-bird,but when thrown.. this thing BOMBS! It goes very far with very little effort. Its a straight/slightly under stable disc with a dependable fade at the end. Speaking of... one of friends aced a 290ft. hole with it today. (the guy Sugarnot was talking about)When I was field testing it I was getting 320-350ft. The Escape has sooo much glide! Its a great disc for beginners all the way to your pro player! On to the distance driver Trespass. The Trespass is a super fast, wide rim disc,but not wide like the boss,nuke,or katana. Like the Escape it fits really good in the hand and doesn't feel uncomfortable. Ev
en people with small hands will have no trouble getting their fingers to fit underneath the rim. This Disc is definitely more for your advanced/pro player. You have to have the arm to see its true flight. When thrown the flight reminded me of a longer Destroyer. Great speed and glide with a strong fade at the end. In the field I was throwing 380ft with my best being at 400ft. The Fugitive is the mid-range and at first hold the rim reminded me of a roc,but the more I threw it and held it, the rim reminded me more of a comet rim then a roc rim. the flight of this disc is PHENOMENAL! It has the stability of a buzzz with the glide of a meteor or comet. This is also another great disc for your beginner to your pro player. Like the Escape, sooo much glide! This brings me to the last of the line up, the Judge. The Judge is a stable putter. When holding it, it felt like a blend of a magnet/wizard. I really didn't putt or throw it that much because of the soft plastic.( I like the stiffer type plastic.) When I did throw it,it had a nice straight flight with a pretty straight finish. If you put it on a hyzer it stays on a hyzer,throw it straight goes straight, anhyzer goes anhyzer. The softer plastic is definitely great for the new players,but for your advanced/pro player im sure you will agree with needing it in a stiffer plastic. Its crazy when you think the flight is almost over it carries another 30ft thats how much glide these discs have!

Got my hands on the new line of discs from Dynamic Disc. I have to admit I am amazed at the flight of these discs. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a hardcore discraft fan,but after throwing these I see my bag switching over. These discs are simply amazing! I'll start with the fairway driver Escape. When first Holding it,it fits comfortable in the hand. The rim feels like a T-bird,but when thrown.. this thing BOMBS! It goes very far with very little effort. Its a straight/slightly under stable disc with a dependable fade at the end. Speaking of... one of friends aced a 290ft. hole with it today. (the guy Sugarnot was talking about)When I was field testing it I was getting 320-350ft. The Escape has sooo much glide! Its a great disc for beginners all the way to your pro player! On to the distance driver Trespass. The Trespass is a super fast, wide rim disc,but not wide like the boss,nuke,or katana. Like the Escape it fits really good in the hand and doesn't feel uncomfortable. Ev
en people with small hands will have no trouble getting their fingers to fit underneath the rim. This Disc is definitely more for your advanced/pro player. You have to have the arm to see its true flight. When thrown the flight reminded me of a longer Destroyer. Great speed and glide with a strong fade at the end. In the field I was throwing 380ft with my best being at 400ft. The Fugitive is the mid-range and at first hold the rim reminded me of a roc,but the more I threw it and held it, the rim reminded me more of a comet rim then a roc rim. the flight of this disc is PHENOMENAL! It has the stability of a buzzz with the glide of a meteor or comet. This is also another great disc for your beginner to your pro player. Like the Escape, sooo much glide! This brings me to the last of the line up, the Judge. The Judge is a stable putter. When holding it, it felt like a blend of a magnet/wizard. I really didn't putt or throw it that much because of the soft plastic.( I like the stiffer type plastic.) When I did throw it,it had a nice straight flight with a pretty straight finish. If you put it on a hyzer it stays on a hyzer,throw it straight goes straight, anhyzer goes anhyzer. The softer plastic is definitely great for the new players,but for your advanced/pro player im sure you will agree with needing it in a stiffer plastic. Its crazy when you think the flight is almost over it carries another 30ft thats how much glide these discs have!

So, it's confirmed: escape = saint, fugitive = warship. Two mainstays in every euro bag up to this point. Nice. Still excited to get mine.

I wouldn't call the escape a saint. Unless you have beefy saints. My yellow escape throws closer to my c-pd than GL saint with more lateral movement and obviously less high speed stability. Not saying it's light years away either but I've comfortably kept both saints and the escape in the bag and not been conflicted on which one to use because they fit completely different roles for me.

so Escape doesn't = Saint?

it's beefier?

I looked at the profile pic again

I'll say this

not Saint but the soon to be released Westside Stag

I've picked up the Escape and I'm a fan also! I too am a hardcore Discraft fan, but I would agree with most that Discraft's weakest spot is in their fairway driver lineup. I pulled out some XLs (my current fairway driver) to compare against the Escape, and the Escape does everything I can get an XL to do and then some. It holds an anhyzer line better, it fades a little bit harder, and it flips and turns just as well if not better. It's also a tad faster and glides forever! I'm easily throwing this 350+ and I can't wait for the GL version to come out! I don't feel the need to try out the other discs in the DD lineup, but as promising as this disc is, I may just have to now.