• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Ranger Backpack Review

any new and recent thoughts on the ranger backpack?
all the forums are from at least 2 years ago.

how is this backpack holding up? especially the bottom and top handle and straps?

Been using my Ranger for a little over a year and it's still on great shape. Handle is good and no crazy breakdown on the bottom. Probably gonna toss in my zuca cart where it will live from now on and use my commander as a wooded course bag for times when a cart isn't the best option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is a weird question, but does the ranger bag naturally have a strange smell to it? I've seen two and both smell similar. I wouldn't call it terrible but also not pleasant either.

I've been running the DD Ranger bag for about a year now and I have to say it is the best bag I have ever used on the course. The storage in the top pocket area is awesome. I store minis, snacks, extra drinks, bug spray, sun protection, etc. The disc space is legit as well. I bag about 15-18 discs so I still have room for a few more if trying out some new plastics. The drink holder is big, and the smaller side pockets work well. As far as construction, this thing is very well put together. Looking to get some zipper pulls in the next few weeks. Comfort is a huge plus with the Ranger bag. Straps are very nicely padded and walking the course with this thing on one shoulder or both is a breeze. All in all, I could not be happier. Most excellent bag. :thmbup:

this is a weird question, but does the ranger bag naturally have a strange smell to it? I've seen two and both smell similar. I wouldn't call it terrible but also not pleasant either.

Maybe wasn't the bags as much as it was the sweat logged shoulder straps and back pads you were smelling ?

I love the smell of victory in the morning. It smells like...soki bomb. Mine started off with sort of a new car smell but that wore off after a couple of weeks. I like the ranger because it's solid and understated and subtle in heather gray. It does not scream with company logos or questionable designs or colors. Just a nice plain functional backpack. DD did a lot of things right with this pack. My only complaint is that the mini pocket is too wide. If you just have one mini in there it will fall out. So I have to keep the one I use plus another that holds it in. No big deal though.

How's the weight issue on it? Really heavy? I purchased the Superhero pack and felt it to be a tad too much for my lower back.

If you consider the superhero heavy you many not like the ranger. It's not that it's heavy, but it's solid like a quality piece of luggage. It has good balance and feel when on your back but if you are used to inexpensive bags made from so so materials, nicer bags will seem heavier because they are also more sturdy.

Latest posts