• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which backpack to carry a Condor?

lentil.hyzer

In case you don't know, it's a large, 24cm diameter disc, a couple cms/an inch bigger than most discs. Would like to keep it in the dedicated disc compartment/a putter pocket rather than the top utility storage, and not at an angle so it gets bent, etc. Many thanks!

I haven't tried it in my UPD Shift side pockets, but there's a decent chance. The biggest disc I carry is a Comet though, so I can't really say. They have been tough to find recently but I think they're back in production or will be soon.

I haven't tried it in my UPD Shift side pockets, but there's a decent chance. The biggest disc I carry is a Comet though, so I can't really say. They have been tough to find recently but I think they're back in production or will be soon.

The Pinch Might be another great choice, the model is or was in the standard version (not the Kids Disc Golf version One being sold now) with a Ultra star in the top flap but down when open, as a backpack for Ultimate with Turf soccer shoes in one side and drinks in the other of the expanding pouches. That might not be a bad choice.

The other is a Commander bag, the top putter pocket that to me is kind of wide, made for for a large diameter disc.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H2LFV2...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

The Pinch Might be another great choice, the model is or was in the standard version (not the Kids Disc Golf version One being sold now) with a Ultra star in the top flap but down when open, as a backpack for Ultimate with Turf soccer shoes in one side and drinks in the other of the expanding pouches. That might not be a bad choice.

The other is a Commander bag, the top putter pocket that to me is kind of wide, made for for a large diameter disc.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H2LFV2...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

This is the Pinch version's link even saying stuff I mentioned in my post about holding large discs in the front flap pouch. https://upperparkdesigns.com/collections/bags/products/kids-disc-golf-limited-edition-pinch

images

I can carry a Condor in the lowest of the 3 vertical disc pockets of my Upper Park Rebel backpack. Fits in there pretty well; I don't feel like I'm stuffing it in.

Condors are huge. Burlap sack perhaps, but you'll have to poke holes in it so it can breathe.

So true. I once picked up a Condor on the marketplace here on DGCR. The transaction was literally held up by some 'authority' until they figured out I wasn't trying to get an exotic bird from the west coast. ...for like $10. :wall:

The Upper Park Pinch will carry a condor. The only problem with that bag is that there isn't very rigid. I've heard of people adding some rigidity to it but I can't speak on the effectivity of that.

I put a Makani in my Grip B15 with no problems, which is 24.2 cm. If you put it all the way to the side, it will "hold" another disc inside of it.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone! I ended up getting a Grip BX2 - the Condor just/perfectly fits in the putter pocket.

I carry my Condor in an attache case.

Wild Discs

I bought the Wild Discs Kangaroo disc golf bag, taking a chance cus the reviews are kinda far and few on it (at least when I bought it). Turns out its a full featured bag for $75 bucks. The kangaroo is pretty honest about what it is, its fairly barebones with its adornments but it has a putter pocket up top, a smaller pocket next to it, two large (I mean LARGE) side zip up pockets and a sizable main disc compartment. Its a bag that very much feels like it was customized from a chinese warehouse template but it feels *intelligently* customized by someone who gives a **** about disc golf and all the materials and zippers are high quality, if again fairly basic. The color scheme is a good example, its just black and green panels and obviously when ordering a wholesale order from the factory in china there was one color accent option and one body color option but the choice of black and green actually looks really nice and clean.

Now, I LOVE the zephyr, I also love condors too but I find the dx ones get demolished in the woods by trees too quickly :( . I figured, looking at the kangaroo that I had a good chance of a zephyr or two fitting in the side zip up pockets (they look like pockets you might put a skinny water bottle in if that makes sense). I guess I was almost ready to resign myself to becoming another person that spoke of the condor or zephyr as cool discs but when asked about said discs said "I dont throw them anymore because they dont fit in my bag" (who I am kidding, I couldn't do that the zephyr is amazing).

Well long story short, not only do zephyrs fit in the side pockets with some jamming, they fit perfectly fine in the main disc comparment! I am a living, breathing lid nut who walks around the course with two 150 gram, a 160 gram, two 180 gram and two 200 gram zephyrs in my bag along with a pair of comets, roadrunners, prodigy d6s, a river and a nova and so other stuff I stuffed in there. This isn't like something I did to test how many zephyrs my bag could fit, I throw zephyrs for any shot closest enough to feasibly throw a zephyr lol.

I highly recommend the kangaroo if you are a large diameter or superclass fan!

Last edited: