• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle vs Teebird desirability

1. Not a noob
2. Opto's are straight stable not "flippy"
3. I'm bored at work and decided to pass time with some light trolling, thanks for biting

1. I'm bored in class so anything to stir something up is way more exciting than astronomy right now.
2. I don't see the River craze so anything I see promoting it makes me bite.
3. See you in the future brother troll.

Yea I keep both in the bag.

11x Eagle X - Straight hyzer
11x Kc Pro Teebird - Straight with a little turn
11x Eagle L - Hyzer Flip under stable goodness

Not sure why people look for a "longer teebird" isnt the teebird or TL long enough? River is longer, but less controllable, which is the point of a fairway driver. You want D go driver. Why play in the middle.

I love a whippet but when you have a Zone, Drone, Firebird, Pop Top, Destroyer seems like it just falls in the middle.

A leopard flips, then you can go to a beat star valk/avenger SS. why do you need the river distance in the middle. I dont need discs that step me up 25-30 ft messing up my bag.

Understable
Spike - Flat Coyote - Leopard - Valk - flippy destroyer

Stable
Pro Rhyno - Buzzz SS - TL - Star Destroyer or Blizzard

Overstable
New Pro Rhyno - Glow Buzzz - Glow Eagle-X - *ds Destroyer

Super Overstable
Glow Zone - Drone - Star FB - Glow FB - Pop Destroyer

Specialty - in and out
xlink Ridge for hilly courses, Hydra for water, 9x KC Eagle for rollers

1. I'm bored in class so anything to stir something up is way more exciting than astronomy right now.
2. I don't see the River craze so anything I see promoting it makes me bite.
3. See you in the future brother troll.

1. Astronomy...that sounds awful!
2. I caught the Euro bug, and so far the River is my fave
3. Troll on brother, troll on :thmbup:

Last edited:
I've thrown both and I prefer the Eagle for it's versatility. When new -> sweet spot, it is great for hyzer lines and flat releases that give you a nice little "S". That little bit of high speed turn with that reliable fade allows for.. well.. "more" in terms of line shaping right out of the box. It's capable of easy to control anhyzers that can all finish differently depending on the height you give it.

And as an eagle (x mold of course) beats in beyond the sweet spot, it loses a bit of that LSS, but maintains a lot of its HSS and turns into a phenomenal turnover disc. It doesn't straight flip, crash, and burn. It's a great gradual turn that lands flat. And it can now flip up flat from hyzer and just cruise with minimal fade.

The closer my original SEX has been getting to being downright beat, the more I have been using it for turnover lines and the less I use my River. In fact, now I only use my river if I need more glide out of the turnover or for uphill hyzer-flip bombs.

Anyway. The eagle, in my opinion, is the superior mold when it comes to versatility. It is the Roc of the fairway- it can cover everything if you are patient and play them in all stages of wear.

In my experiences the Teebird does not work all lines as well as the Eagle can. Teebirds are still really great at what they do, and what they do they do better than an Eagle can mimic, but not quite as versatile a mold.

Last edited:
1. Astronomy...that sounds awful!
2. I caught the Euro bug, and so far the River is my fave
3. Troll on brother, troll on :thmbup:

I roll with a river too. I've been messing with a saint also lately but I still bag a champ teebird. Sadly I just lost a max weight sparkle pink champ tb that was money in the wind or when you needed a straight with reliable fade shot.

I see what you're all saying about the river. And I have one that is dead laser straight with maybe a slight right finish. The river works for me I can throw them smooth, far, and straight or to the right, I find them also to be very controllable. And I'm a big fan of the plastic.

Let us sum it up:

TeeBirds have an incredibly predictable and repeatable flight. Due to plastic and run variations you can find them in a wide array of stability, but at the end of the day they will be the straightest disc when powered up.

Eagles seem to have more lateral movement, making them better suited for holding certain lines before flexing into secondary lines. They seem slower and more bullish than TeeBirds, making their range shorter than TeeBirds.

Leopards are understable but with clean form can actually hold a straighter line longer than either a TeeBird and or Eagle. Again with clean form, Leopards are fantastic for tracking right (assuming rhbh) without necessarily flipping over.

Depending on your range and the courses you play, all three can play well together in the same bag.

I've thrown both and I prefer the Eagle for it's versatility. When new -> sweet spot, it is great for hyzer lines and flat releases that give you a nice little "S". That little bit of high speed turn with that reliable fade allows for.. well.. "more" in terms of line shaping right out of the box. It's capable of easy to control anhyzers that can all finish differently depending on the height you give it.

And as an eagle (x mold of course) beats in beyond the sweet spot, it loses a bit of that LSS, but maintains a lot of its HSS and turns into a phenomenal turnover disc. It doesn't straight flip, crash, and burn. It's a great gradual turn that lands flat. And it can now flip up flat from hyzer and just cruise with minimal fade.

The closer my original SEX has been getting to being downright beat, the more I have been using it for turnover lines and the less I use my River. In fact, now I only use my river if I need more glide out of the turnover or for uphill hyzer-flip bombs.

Anyway. The eagle, in my opinion, is the superior mold when it comes to versatility. It is the Roc of the fairway- it can cover everything if you are patient and play them in all stages of wear.

In my experiences the Teebird does not work all lines as well as the Eagle can. Teebirds are still really great at what they do, and what they do they do better than an Eagle can mimic, but not quite as versatile a mold.

I totally agree with this, but more for the Eagle L mold. I've thrown a star eagle (x mold) and did not like it as much (too much left fade at the end). But I've never thrown a champ eagle X.

In looking for that slow speed fairway driver these two always come up. They have been around forever and are in a nearly overwhelming amount of different plastics. In my looking, I haven't been around that long, but it seems that the Teebird is more desirable than the eagle, especially older ones. Things are always compared to a Teebird, such and such disc is a longer Teebird...etc It's interesting because they both seem to be similar discs, both the same speed, both OS. Eagles got a little more Fade and less turn, Teebirds got a little more glide, but really doesn't seem like a huge difference.

Especially in the OOP plastics as well. It seems that KC Pro Teebirds and x Climo Champs are usually priced higher than their eagle counterparts, by a decent margin at times. CE stuff I'm not as sure about because it all seems expensive to me so I don't pay too much attention, but its probably the same.

Any idea why this is? Maybe in my short time around here it just seems that way? Is the Teebird easier to throw? I just ask because I've been adding Eagles to my bag and though I haven't gotten to throw mine a ton yet, I like it. I've also been wanting to try a Teebird and I will pick one up at some point. Just curiosity I guess.

Both great discs.
I can only speak for myself, I prefer the Teebird because I want the least amount of movement in my fairway driver. I am certain I can be equally successful with the Eagle. I just like the stable high speed, and smaller low speed fade of the Teebird compared to the Eagle.

How about the plus mold? I was in the local store and I brought up I was looking for a teebird, guy said he just put one in the used box, grabbed it and its nice. Nearly brand new, champ, tourney stamp, right color everything. He had been throwing it for a few days to try out, I flip it and it has an E on the back, but just an E, no L or X. Im like this is an Eagle inst it, hes like it flies like a Teebird. I was waffling on it, I have enough eagles right now, but it price was right so I grabbed it anyway, what's one more lol.

I like to try out my new discs, but it was a little late and it rained, but I still took it to the field and threw it a few times and honestly this thing does seem to be really straight. Granted though I'm a noob and at this point getting a disc to do what it should with any consistency is almost more luck than skill but it definitely flies noticeably different than the 11x champ I have.

meh,<--MOST CORRECT ANSWER

Why do you say that? What do you think is better?

Get out of here noob. Rivers should only be compared to Leopards because they are THAT understable.

Okay to me it is how you play. I play as what is known as a power player, I guess. (More people call me a freak than a power player but that's another story) I like the 11x KC Pro Eagles not only because of the feel, but because of the flight pattern. They are straight to overstable for me a 450+ft player. They are very reliable because of their heavy fade. But when beat in they lose their fade and just become very straight even when torqued hard. Some Teebirds are just like the Beat Eagle I just mentioned but I believe they are harder to find and they're usually cheaper like you mentioned.

I think the Teebird is more popular is because like others said they like discs that go straight. I do too but I just have a Beat Eagle to do that or for powered down straight shots I use an Eagle-L. And Teebirds are easier for newer players to throw straight and far because of the less fade and added glide.

Why they're more expensive I don't know but I like it because I can get Mint 11x KC Pro Eagles for $40-45 rather than $80-100 for a Mint Teebird.

You can totally have a fairway line up having all Eagles.

New Circle Stamp Eagle for OS or thumbers (They're like firebirds guys Crazy OS)
11x KC Pro Eagle for straight to heavy fade OS
Beat 11x KC Pro Eagle for Straight
Eagle-L for Hyzerflips or turnovers
Beat Eagle-L finesse hyzerflips tomahawks rollers

Not everyday day I read that someone calls themself a "Power Player".. just saying

I totally agree with this, but more for the Eagle L mold. I've thrown a star eagle (x mold) and did not like it as much (too much left fade at the end). But I've never thrown a champ eagle X.
I'd learn to love that fade. It's one thing that makes one disc "more predictable" than another. Having a disc that you know will fade makes lots of shots easier to perform. If you know it will fade you can turn it over a bit and not worry about it just flying off to the right.

A while ago I asked Mike Robinson, a local pro who has done reasonably well at the distance competitions at Worlds, why he prefers Champ/Star Teebirds over DX. He said that the heavier fade of the Champ ones make throwing a specific distance easier. He was always overshooting with the DX. His complaint wasn't durability or how it got flippy, it was that it went too far. Most of us don't have that problem so we carry DX Teebirds for straight, consistent distance. I wouldn't discount them just because you think they might get flippy. They tend to get longer and straighter as they beat up.

I'd learn to love that fade. It's one thing that makes one disc "more predictable" than another. Having a disc that you know will fade makes lots of shots easier to perform. If you know it will fade you can turn it over a bit and not worry about it just flying off to the right.

A while ago I asked Mike Robinson, a local pro who has done reasonably well at the distance competitions at Worlds, why he prefers Champ/Star Teebirds over DX. He said that the heavier fade of the Champ ones make throwing a specific distance easier. He was always overshooting with the DX. His complaint wasn't durability or how it got flippy, it was that it went too far. Most of us don't have that problem so we carry DX Teebirds for straight, consistent distance. I wouldn't discount them just because you think they might get flippy. They tend to get longer and straighter as they beat up.

I think I will too, If I can get it consistent it will be a helpful shot at a lot of the places I play here.

Let us sum it up:

TeeBirds have an incredibly predictable and repeatable flight. Due to plastic and run variations you can find them in a wide array of stability, but at the end of the day they will be the straightest disc when powered up.

Eagles seem to have more lateral movement, making them better suited for holding certain lines before flexing into secondary lines. They seem slower and more bullish than TeeBirds, making their range shorter than TeeBirds.

Leopards are understable but with clean form can actually hold a straighter line longer than either a TeeBird and or Eagle. Again with clean form, Leopards are fantastic for tracking right (assuming rhbh) without necessarily flipping over.

Depending on your range and the courses you play, all three can play well together in the same bag.

^^^this

I carry...
Glo Champ TB 175.....head wind fighter
Champ TB 175....turns a little more, but still has fade
CE Eagle 175.....anny flicks/shorter fairway shots or flat hyzers
Star Leo 175.....beefy...straight but fades if I don't have power on it
Pro Leo(old Pro) 172?......holds just about any line except when I put power on it.....turns more than my star

Personally, I prefer the DX eagle-X. The star ones were too piggish for my liking (not enough glide/distance and too much fade). I buy my DX ones at about 170g and pretty heavily used so that I don't have to spend time breaking them in.

Latest posts