• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Echo Star Wraith differences?

volmed10

Birdie Member
I've been using an 175g Echo Star Wraith (with the new E* stock stamp, not the 12x) in the darker green lately for my very long distance drives. Still use the PD, but the Wraith is still longer. For some reason, I feel that the E* version of the disc had more repeatability in terms of distance and flight than any other plastic variation currently offered by Innova.

I'd like to pick up a spare to keep in my bag with me should I unfortunately lose the disc (and I know the color sucks, but I won it in a tournament), and I was wondering if the other colors of the E* Wraith fly the same as the dark green, or if there are slight stability and glide differences between colors. I'd like to get something a little brighter, but if only dark green discs fly similar to other dark green Wraiths, then I'll unfortunately have to pick another one of those up. Any info from experienced would be of help.

Thanks in advance.

Just a note, I remember discspeed saying that when he tried the Discmania P-DD (also known as Hysteria) he felt that it flew identically to the E* Wraith. Might want to try that out.

from what i can tell the color does make a diff i have a green like you are talking about that is a nice straight then fade disc but the pink one i have is almost a 4 direction disc (hyzer, flat, turn, fade) the green one is maybe 3 months older (both 175) and the pink is a tourny stamp (got in july) the yellow ones i got last year a flatter and fly differant than both of the ones i got this year

The wraith is the one disc that holds its out of the box characteristics from plastic to plastic. In the fields they fly so close to each other that the only factor I find that makes a big difference seems to be the seasoning. Out of 20 wraiths I have only one that is truly different from the others.

As far as the material differences the echo seems to beat in faster or on one or two solid tree hits it can become flippy pretty fast. I usually only throw my echo wraiths on open shots. The real reason I use the echo wraith is that they come in some really neat swirly colors!! I mostly throw pro wraiths as they just have a real nice feel to them.

These are my observations on the echo wraith

CHEERS - Koffee