• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Echostar

matrix2113

Double Eagle Member
Thinking of investing some money in these kinds of discs. Most of my favorite innova molds are now made in this kind of plastic. What benefits do you think it provides bs. the regular star plastic innova runs, and also, is there any official info on the echostar program?

I think the consensus is that they are more stable the standard star versions of the same disc.

all righty, thats good. what about grip wise, what does it feel like in relation to a star disc, and also do you think it's worth it?

i think they are worth it, i like the echo discs a lot better than regular star plastic
as far as their stability, i can throw an echo star wraith a lot straighter than i can a normal star wraith
i also get the satisfaction of helping out the environment =D

I really like my E* Wraith. They seem to fly a bit straight out of the box and stay that way for awhile. The E* Teebird is nice Stable Mabel at first and beats in nicely to a straight driver with some mon back on it. IMO the E* Boss is super stupid stable and I throw 400'. I really don't like these at all. Unless you have a lot and I mean a lot of head wind or have a cannon arm I wouldn't recommend them.
The plastic is grippier/gummier then normal star runs.

IMO the E* Boss is super stupid stable and I throw 400'.

Really? I think mine are more understable than regular Champ Bosses. Right out of the box I could already flex them whereas it took me a couple months to get my Champ Boss to the same flight pattern. They're the only thing I have in Echo plastic that I throw right now so I can't really comment on any other molds.

Thinking of investing some money in these kinds of discs. Most of my favorite innova molds are now made in this kind of plastic. What benefits do you think it provides bs. the regular star plastic innova runs, and also, is there any official info on the echostar program?

From what I have experienced, the echo destroyer is very overstable, and the echo boss is a different more understable mold. HIGHLY recommend the Boss. worth every penny. You have to have the arm to throw, but the echo boss is like a super wraith with boss speed, unlike the meathook star and champion versions. It is more stable than the pro version, so you can say it is the perfect design for a high speed disc.

flatter ones are less stable, and domie are more stable.

Really? I think mine are more understable than regular Champ Bosses. Right out of the box I could already flex them whereas it took me a couple months to get my Champ Boss to the same flight pattern.

The ones that I have are overstable (Yellow) like crazy. I will say my buddy had the same stamp CFR E* Boss as I and his (Green) was understable while mine is a firebird on steroids.

The ones that I have are overstable (Yellow) like crazy. I will say my buddy had the same stamp CFR E* Boss as I and his (Green) was understable while mine is a firebird on steroids.

That is funny you mentioned that. The domie one I have is yellow, and is totally more stable than the other red and green ones I have throw. My buddy even has a yellow that is much flatter than mine, but is still far more overstable than the green one he has. Besides the color, the discs look exactly alike as far as domieness, but the yellow sounds like it is more overstable. Not sure about the orange ones.

My theory is that the pigment in the discs has mass, but is more evenly distributed amongst the green and reds(I can see through the yellow, but not the green or red ones), making them more balanced. I carry both, knowing one will stay much str8er and the other will give me more confidence in the wind.

NO, I think they break down much faster. The best part about the boss mold is that it has enough stability so even once broken down badly, the disc just gets longer and longer.
REMINDER: you have to have a big arm to throw, but you will be blown away by the consistency and outcome.

I didn't say anything about the E* Boss. Screw that, I want an E* Teebird.

I didn't say anything about the E* Boss. Screw that, I want an E* Teebird.

You never said anything about a teebird either. I was just giving my recommendation on which echo mold works well, even after it has broken in faster than the normal star. The boss is not for everyone, but if you can throw one, then you will see my point. Until then, stick within you ability.

I just like the Echo Star stamps. So clean.
Mako_Echo_Star_Echo.jpg

they seem a bit grippier than normal star, and also break in a bit faster, but I hate that green color - impossible to find.

I'm really against them selling it at a higher pricepoint though. Its just imperfect star discs ground down and remolded. The only reason they get away with the price is its ecofriendly novelty.

So, in other words, most E* discs are not consistent with the way people are used to their molds flying.