• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Elite-X Wasp

unsure. but also highly likely that the roc was such a great seller that discraft needed something from their company to compete

Pretty sure Discraft just copied the roc after the patent ran out -- there's only about 85billion bytes of blather about it on this site and bunches of others -- it's the plastic that made/makes the x-wasp stand out for me. Of all the various Innova combinations of roc molds/plastic none of them are "x-ish" currently. If they molded millennium's standard plastic in any of innova's roc molds -- it would be "x-wasp II".

Another hope is one of the many upstarts stumbles over a workable facsimile of the mold/plastic, but I'm way too old/lazy to keep up with all of them. I did buy/throw the lesser plastic "mace" with this hope -- no such luck. Plastic wasn't beefy enough and glide just wasn't roc/waspy.

Wow -- that's really disc geeky!!

Pretty sure Discraft just copied the roc after the patent ran out -- there's only about 85billion bytes of blather about it on this site and bunches of others -- it's the plastic that made/makes the x-wasp stand out for me.

The patent is for the beveled-edged disc, not any particular mold.

Another hope is one of the many upstarts stumbles over a workable facsimile of the mold/plastic, but I'm way too old/lazy to keep up with all of them. I did buy/throw the lesser plastic "mace" with this hope -- no such luck. Plastic wasn't beefy enough and glide just wasn't roc/waspy.

That would be the Legacy Ghost.

ian, I'm convinced you are a total glutton for punishment with all this OOP/hard to find plastic you like.

Protege is the closest (and the only plastic it's not made in). Gravity is a softer grippy x. It's your best bet. Excel is like DX.

Protege is the closest (and the only plastic it's not made in). Gravity is a softer grippy x. It's your best bet. Excel is like DX.

After USPS took a week to deliver (don't believe the "neither snow .. . will keep these couriers from their appointed rounds" slogan . . . in Philadelphia, they've adapted it to "if it snows we'll see you next week, maybe.") I'll be interested in seeing how these "replacement x-wasps" fly. They sure look and feel x-wasps. I got an excel version of the ghost also and it's so domey it's practically spherical.

Sadly nothing remotely like non-snow golf is anywhere on the radar here. Snow sucks.

Latest posts