• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Entire Course Stolen

Have you seen Alaska: The Last Frontier? Those folks will re-purpose anything and everything. Someone needed a bunch of metal for a project and knew just where to get it.

Have you seen Alaska: The Last Frontier? Those folks will re-purpose anything and everything. Someone needed a bunch of metal for a project and knew just where to get it.

Will be watching Deadliest Catch for the crab pot made out of DG baskets now.

Is there any chance these were insured by some entity? Are baskets ever covered under insurance, such as those in a city park?

I highly doubt it was one person. That would be hard to do. It was a group imo.

Put up some flyers for a reward for information. There's no honor among thieves.

Possibility it ticked off the indigenous people in some way like burial grounds?

I think I remember hearing about an object course in Victoria, B.C. on Vancouver Island, and the local players were using some old historic Totem poles in a park as some of the targets. This did not go over well with the indigenous locals, and they put a quick stop to it. Those things are sacred to them.

I'm guessing the course in this thread is an object course, I can't picture someone stealing 18 baskets, as previously said it would have to be a big group effort.

Last edited:
given the reputation of disc golfers as stoners. are we sure they didn't just forget where the course is?

given the reputation of disc golfers as stoners. are we sure they didn't just forget where the course is?

Bwahahaha, too funny. "Dude, they even filled in the holes, it is like a course never existed here!"

In a similar vein, I honestly kinda wonder if the local Park and Rec dept didn't just decide to pull the courses and chose not to tell the disc golf club. I mean, who else would take the mounts and fill in the holes too?

Wow. Man, that sucks...:thmbdown:

There would have to be some serious organization, pre-planning, etc, to make this (all 18 holes removed) happen. From security, lookouts, man power, etc. I'm guessing a group of locals who didn't get their way in the voting process took out their revenge. Could have been the folks who lobbied the land for something else financed it.

Latest posts