• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Epic

Drewford

I know some people enjoy this disc and others can't stand it. I'm just trying to figure out how I'm supposed to throw it. I thought I had an idea, but I'm clueless. Any tips?

Check this video out, and make sure you are gripping it in the smaller part of the wing so it gets the carry on an overhead shot, you can also throw them slow and short to pancake upside down and lay up to a basket when you release at a wide angle, this can be useful around obstacles and when the basket is near a drop off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB_-1CYgAns

Remove name from disc

Face down the fairway.

Grip with an overhand thumber grip at the narrowest part of the rim

Turn at least 90 degrees away from fairway towards densest woods or water

Throw high and as hard as you can

Return to facing fairway immediately, do not even watch where it goes

Take penalty stroke for lost disc

Feel good about this penalty knowing the Epic will never be heard from again

Take out teebird

Throw a great drive.

The other option is to put it in a hole. You will know its the right hole because there is a stick in it

epic entertainment - "Tried to tomahawk it, barrel rolled twice then dropped out of the sky. Went to a nearby park and threw it 30 more times and got the thumb throw to go about 350 feet consistantly"

You have to throw it overhand (tomahawk or thumber) in order to get it to turn over a full 180 degrees and then fly like a sidearm anhyzer shot.

Now, the obvious next question should be: Wouldn't it make more sense to just throw anhyzer shots with regular discs? That is the question no Epic thrower can wrap their brain around.

I'll never forget the time several years ago when a group of 3 chuckers rolled up on me while I was playing a solo round. Each dude had 1 epic and 1 putter. I didn't have a huge bag at the time, maybe 10-12 discs, and they all laughed at me and talked junk because I had all those discs and no Epic. They were actually jerks to me, but it was hilarious because they couldn't wrap their heads around why someone wouldn't have an Epic. That was a strange experience.

Played a tournament a couple months ago and one of the guys in my division threw an Epic a couple of times during the round. That was the first time I'd ever seen anyone I wouldn't call a chucker using an Epic (playing in advanced ams! He was a pretty good golfer too!!!!). That kinda freaked me out. He was very defensive and did not enjoy my friendly ball busting about it.

all of the thumber/tomahawk guys around here carry at least one.
if used correctly they are pretty cool to watch fly

Latest posts