• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Epic

i just lost my brand new epic at hyland SSA, they need to MOW bad its stupid how long i spent looking for it when it landed on the wide open ski hill, i was just getting accurate at throwing it backhand and i had just thrown it around 300ft a few holes before i lost it... :(

That sucks man. Did you at least have some contact info on it?

I marked mine right away, which I know makes it less interesting for trade, but like it or not, I want to leave the chance someone will call me.

no contact info, it was brand new and i didn't think i would loose it on a wide open course... It was yellow i think my next one will be blue or purple

a guy i was discing with some weeks back had an epic... it is definitely the weirdest looking disc i have ever seen. so weird that i just had to throw it of course! i pride myself on having a good t-hawk throw (i can usually plant it in the 300-350 range with my Champion Boss and Wraith<-no longer :( ), but the epic is a totally different story. i only threw it 4-5 times that day and the first couple of those were forehanders, you know just to try it out. then we got to the last hole of the day (the monsterous 24th at Stony Creek Metropark, MI) I gave the epic a good hawk of the teepad and man did it barrel-roll. like nothing i had ever seen. my t-hawks usually make one full rotation and then saunter off to the left a bit, but with the epic it made at least 3 and then hooked right and finally back left and i was like wtf. from the am tee (which is about 400ft from the pro) i was still at least 40ft. further onto the fairway! i had never had a drive that far... so i picked it up and tried it again (the way the hole is layed out you throw more into the wind driving and then across it the rest of the fairway) and it flew like crazy again! although that second time hawking it it only flew leftward at the end (due to crosswind?) but still on the edge of the fairway at least another 420ft. that was the first time i got less than a 5 on that hole (i usually eat it with a 6). but how can a 980+ft. hole be a par 3? its just not right.

I will get to throw mine a bit tomorrow. I cant wait!

Went DGing today but it was a small, small, heavily wooded course. Nowhere I wanted to try it atwith full force.

Just remembered this thread.

Threw my Epic a few times Monday, but I had a sore shoulder from Sunday, on a small course, being an idiot and trying to put way more power behind a disc than needed and my shoulder popped, but I still went out to a bigger course the next day for 7 hours and through my Epic overhand 4 time. 2 thumbers and 2 tommys.

Tommys I didnt seem to have the arm for so much as they didnt go as far or as high as my thumbers did and were slightly less than what I usually throw them in total distance. These would go up flip 2 times then straight back down.

Thumbers, well thats what I threw first and last. First attempt looked like a bust with the Epic as it didnt got as high or near as far as I would with my Banshee but went back to it the last time I saw the opportunity and it went just as high and a bit further; flipping and barrell rolling like mad!

Still got a lot of learning to do with the disc and a rested, not so soar arm would probably help. I need to learn more about the tuning because I dont think it should just keep flipping but rather flip into a gliding position, but if I am throwing a thumber, RH; and the disc flips to the right too hard, does that mean I need it to be more understable?

woah you got ur epic already? i ordered mine friday, and i dont they shipped it till today... i need to throw my purple epic !!!!

its my new long anhyzer disc, tune it all the way understable and throw the farthest anny in the history of your life

woah you got ur epic already? i ordered mine friday, and i dont they shipped it till today... i need to throw my purple epic !!!!

Oh; I had it when we started thePurple Epic club, I just got to throw it Monday.

OK, do we need to also have a Yellow Epic club?

If so, I'm in.

You could start one, or mayber there is one, but it will never be as cool as the Purple Epic club.

Best advice I can give is put that up for trade for a Purple Epic; or better yet, so you dont rob somone else of their eligability of being in the cool kid club, visit the disc dyeing section and cure that yellow disc infection ASAP!

Latest posts