• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Eric's 2016 ITB

I dont know whats going on lately but Im playing horrible rounds the past couple weeks. My putting is just bad. Chain deflections, basket hits, wide right. Cant find that comfortable stance for some reason. Mid range, approach, upshots, are all in need of something. I think I really need to work on taking a moment to notice all possible routes I can take, as well as which play is the smarter play. Sometimes going for the big fancy thumber over a bunch of thick vegetation isnt the smart way to play. Sometimes just pitching out and playing your next throw in the clear is the wiser choice. This comes to me in retrospect typically. My drives are the best part of my game right now, just inconsistent. Especially a couple holes that I was very confident in near parking them every time. I just cant seem to get the anny to hold its line anymore. Same disc, but it gets stable mid flight and fades off track.

A lot my slump is mental Im sure. Im over thinking things, thinking too much about my form and I can feel that my form is different from time to time, which Im sure leads to the inconsistency. The putting is the same issue, as well as lack of practice. Definitely focusing more on form and less on putting the disc in the basket.

Now that I have a puppy I've been bringing him to the course to get his energy out and work on his training. Constantly worried about where he is, what hes getting in to, and rushing my drives so he doesnt jump in front me. So obviously this draws my focus away as well. Even having the leash in my off hand while putting throws me off i think. Regardless, I need to work out these kinks. I think I should probably go play a few rounds with a putter and a mid so to not worry about the flight, and more about the form...? Or leave the dog at home lol. I do know that field work at putting practice has taken a backseat to raising a puppy though. I need to find time to get that practice in.

And like that, Im back! At least compared to yesterday steaming turd of a round. Shot +9 yesterday. -1 today. Had a couple really bad wholes. Got in to trouble early and just couldnt punch my way out. Couple or three bogies and a double bogey but a string of birds and a collection of pars. Putting felt better. I tried to just set up and putt rather than conscienciously thinking about what my arm was doing. My drives were ok. Parked a few holes and at least met, if not exceeded my distance PR for a couple holes. Also, parked and birdied the hole that I mentioned earlier.

So the bag update.

I took the River out and I really didnt miss it at all. Im going to roll with the Underworld and Patriot for now to determine which I prefer, or if they both have their place. I threw a star Mamba in tonight, and I could see me carry that with the Tern. WAYYY more turn from the Mamba so I see little to no overlap. I tried out some FH drives with the Tern and its a FH hyzer flip machine! Going to incorporate that shot more as I practice it.

Ive been putting with the Pures as of recently and I gotta say, although they feel good, and I get a really smooth release with them, I've never had so many roll aways with a putter before. I noticed it with the Medium Pure, not the Hard, but Im wondering if the Pure has a tendancy to roll away. I may throw a Judge or McAviar in there for those up hill putts or other putts where I would otherwise risk a roll away.

Latest posts