• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Erika Stinchcomb VIP-X Sword vs VIP Sword

The Mickstar

Berg Gang
I have a stock run VIP Sword. I like the feel in hand, but it does get touchy into the wind. I would like something more reliable into light-to-moderate headwind. Does the 2022 Erika Stinchcomb VIP-X Sword have a bit more HSS?

Note: I also carry a Star Wraith for throwing into more serious headwind.

The VIP-X (and the Tournament-X) Stinchcomb Swords are beefy and are great into winds that make regular Swords useless

What numbers would you put on each disc? (VIP and VIP-X)?

In other words, just how much beefier are we talking?

I'm just looking for a little better wind performance, not a true beefcake.

Probably a solid 0/2 for the HSS/LSF. The T-X in my bag is seeing a bit more use now that it's got some wear from throwing second (practice) shots, still more stable than a regular run VIP or Tourney mind you, and the V-X only comes out for wind

They seem a little more beefy overall, I know Matty O was throwing them on similar lines to his D2s this year.

Stinchcomb Sword

Stinchcomb Sword is definitely beefier than a normal Sword. I tried a Stinchcomb one the other day. 173g. The plastic feels pretty good. Not super stiff, but not gummy either. Nice dome.

My Stinchcomb Sword flew like a Raider or somewhat beat Destroyer. Thrown hyzer it wouldn't flatten out. Thrown flat it would remain flat. Thrown anny it would S curve nicely. I can easily hyzerflip a normal Sword.

Max distance with the Stinchcomb Sword was probably 450'.

Normal Sword: 12, 5, -3, 2
Stinchcomb Sword: 12, 5, -1, 2

I feel like the Stinchcomb Sword is a slightly different mold than the regular one. They don't feel the same in the hand, and fly noticeably differently.

Those wanting a normal flippy Sword should probably avoid the Stinchcomb one. It's a nice driver, but it's not understable.

I had one non-Stinchcomb VIP-X earlier and it was more stable as well and I loved it. Unfortunately I threw it into the drink and never got new one as my store didn't have them at the time and other discs replaced it.

Might be time to look for one for the coming summer. Such a perfect stability for my 400' arm speed.

I have a stock run VIP Sword. I like the feel in hand, but it does get touchy into the wind. I would like something more reliable into light-to-moderate headwind. Does the 2022 Erika Stinchcomb VIP-X Sword have a bit more HSS?

Note: I also carry a Star Wraith for throwing into more serious headwind.

I do exactly the same. Sword Wraith is a good combo. I also carry a Sapphire for tailwinds.

I had one non-Stinchcomb VIP-X earlier and it was more stable as well and I loved it. Unfortunately I threw it into the drink and never got new one as my store didn't have them at the time and other discs replaced it.

Might be time to look for one for the coming summer. Such a perfect stability for my 400' arm speed.
Come to think of it, the stable one probably wasn't VIP-X as I'm not sure if non-Stinchcomb one even exist.

I went to check some at the store today and in addition to them being stiffer, they had the very pronounced "nippled dome" and felt very overstable for a Sword. I'm not the biggest fan of the shape so I guess I'll skip this one.