• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Sword vs. Hades

@Twmccoy How would you compare the Shryke to a Crank or the Hades to a Enigma? Just traded myself five Lux Enigmas to fill my workhorse distance driver slot.

@Twmccoy How would you compare the Shryke to a Crank or the Hades to a Enigma? Just traded myself five Lux Enigmas to fill my workhorse distance driver slot.

Stability-wise I'd go Hades, Shryke, Enigma, Crank, in that order, from under to over stable.

I like Enigmas a lot. They're like broken in Destroyers for me. The Crank is a little beefier than the Enigma, with a harder late fade. Some Cranks can be flippy, but most of the ones I've seen are on the beefy side.

The Enigma is perfect for a workhorse driver. They'll turn, but aren't really flippy. FWIW, I've gotten the Enigma out to 450' fairly easily. They fly really well.

Stability-wise I'd go Hades, Shryke, Enigma, Crank, in that order, from under to over stable.

I like Enigmas a lot. They're like broken in Destroyers for me. The Crank is a little beefier than the Enigma, with a harder late fade. Some Cranks can be flippy, but most of the ones I've seen are on the beefy side.

The Enigma is perfect for a workhorse driver. They'll turn, but aren't really flippy. FWIW, I've gotten the Enigma out to 450' fairly easily. They fly really well.

Thanks for the insight. Planning my next season drivers and the enigma and the shryke will be a part of it. Gonna bag a AGL Cedar-Lux Enigma-Shryke kombo. I hope next season I can achieve 400ft consistently.

Thanks for the insight. Planning my next season drivers and the enigma and the shryke will be a part of it. Gonna bag a AGL Cedar-Lux Enigma-Shryke kombo. I hope next season I can achieve 400ft consistently.

Yeah. The Shryke is just a hair flippier than the Enigma. A bit faster, too.

Both are easily capable of 400'+ rips.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Crank. I've thrown probably 8 of them in ESP/Z/Big Z. A couple were perfect. Most were stubbornly beefy and didn't glide that well. A good Crank is a thing of beauty, but they're not always easy to find.

Latest posts