• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] ESP Zone

Put a Zone in the bag today, played a whole round with it... Im a little pissed off i never gave a zone a chance until today.

Probably stays in the bag from this day on.

Its a D-Pro, feels like a nice base plastic.. w/e i dont know anything about Discraft plastic

If you like the Zone, then I recommend getting one in ESP. It is similar to Innova Star. It is the most durable plastic that you can get the Zone in.

Those who are saying their FBs are longer than a Banshee must not be throwing the FAF 12x champs. Those things are so massively OS and glideless they are essentially a fast mid. I much prefer the PFN 12x ones which are a bit domier and kinda gummy.

I think you will enjoy flicking a Zone though. Great mold.

I bag both regular 12x and FAF Firebirds. The regular 12x is 166g, beautifully pearly, and sports a very slight dome. It easily flies farther than a Banshee for me -- you should try a slightly domey Firebird if you think they're shorter than Banshees.

As for the FAF, well I consider that an abnormally OS disc for the mold. It is insanely OS, which is well known, and not really representative of what the mold is capable of distance-wise. Both kinds of Firebirds -- those that throw like very beefy control/fairway drivers and the insanely OS ones -- are good.

And for me, they make a great complement to my Zones as my faster, longer, very OS disc.

If you like the Zone, then I recommend getting one in ESP. It is similar to Innova Star. It is the most durable plastic that you can get the Zone in.

z zones and cryztals zones (and many variations such as sparkle, flx, and glow) may be limited runs, but aren't that hard to find. Maybe more durable than ESP.

My personal favorite is cryztal flx. followed by D Zones. Actually, i think D Zones are my favorite. After they beat in they are amazing.

I just got a zone , d plastic /168g , in the mail today. I was hoping for a fh up shot disc and it seems pretty good so far. My fh form is horrible and can't flick my normal putter out and around stuff without wrist rolling it into a cut roller. I can't even flick banshees or fire birds worth a crap....... But the zone has enough stability to flex back to flat landings on little anny flicks. I was also hoping the over stable flight would would fade nicely to the right for fh approaches. Doesn't seem to be all that great for that line as it sits down pretty quickly after slowing into its fade. Doesn't seem to glide in its fade. But maybe I just don't have the touch/ release angles down for a hyzer fh yet? It's definitely over stable , but lacks the glide to have a long sweeping fade. I was able to get 295 at the football field on a back hand tonight. At that range , it was dead straight for the majority of the flight and finished with and abrupt fade and no skip . Kind of roc like in flight , just minus the glide that a roc will bring to the fade portion of the flight. It took all my ability , oat, wrist roll and poor form on that pull and never thought about displaying an ounce of turn (even into a little head wind). I was really surprised to almost break 300 with it. Not that 300 ft shots was the idea behind the purchase , but a nice bonus. Takes the fear out of using a putter off the tee. Looking forward to dialing in some fh up shots and adding a few shots to the bag. I bet this thing will be the answer to strong head wind putting also. No turn and no glide will be money for head wind putting.

Last edited:
Really liking my zone off the tee. It's made the bag for sure. Very reliable and trust worthy. Really starting to get a feel for my zone on my bh shots and can get sweeping hyzer lines, straight with small fade, and really shines on short anny flex lines. Headwinds are no problem at my power, but can bring a little glide into the picture. Me like:D

Latest posts