• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ethics question about found discs(lots of them)

adamtheviking5

Throws only Pink Discs
Ok so let's say that there's a course near you that's on the side of a mountain and at onw of the teeboxes people chuck "sacraficial" discs in the opposite direction of the basket because its the edge of an approximately 600' nearly vertical drop down the mountain. Now say that you decided to make the treacherous 3-4 hr hike down and back up to collect said discs. Is there any kind of obligation to attempt to return any of these discs?

1. Screw that, no plastic is worth the risk of breaking your damn neck.

Those discs are somebody else's wishes, man. They're somebody else's dreams.
You aren't talking about normal pond diving, you're proposing raiding a disc golf wishing well.

Lol...I say if he wants to risk breaking his neck to find out that 99.9% of sacrificial discs are beat-up DX Beasts, be my guest!

Actually they're mostly beat up dx leopards with dx valks coming in a close second. But ive also found a pile of good stuff too. Ive done it twice and everyone seems to be cool with it. People see me comin back up hauling a huge bag of discs pouring sweat with my shins bleeding and dirt on my face and they just wanna know how many I found and how far down I went. So you guys are saying its rotten to pick em up but I don't have to call all the numbers right? Its not gonna change what I do, I just wanted to see what everyone thinks.

Even I, a stickler for attempting to return discs, couldn't hold this against you. If they're hucked over a cliff, then I don't think anyone is expecting to get them back. Be safe hunting!

But what if someone had actually found a disc on the course, and then decided to wing it over the cliff since it wasn't there's to begin with? Hmmmm....

Oooohhhh.... Did I really go there? Just kidding, btw!

Yeah, you're just picking up litter as far as I'm concerned.

Please videotape yourself dumping hundreds of DX Leopards and Valks on the Play It Again Sports' counter and asking for trade in credit. :D

Lol...I say if he wants to risk breaking his neck to find out that 99.9% of sacrificial discs are beat-up DX Beasts, be my guest!

On this last trip I found a brand new 150 eagle to replace the one I just lost, a brand new havok that is sick, several brand new wraiths, a couple cool rocs, brand new eco-star boss an valk, A CE FIREBIRD, 2 almost new esp forces, a one of a kind brand new roc3 with part of a shark stamp stamped inside the roc3 stamp. I didn't even notice it was different for a couple days. What I'm saying is I wouldn't do it for nothing.

Man, the people up at Sky High are sacrificing the good stuff these days!

I didn't have the heart to sacrifice one up there. Maybe that's why I still stink at disc golf.

i know exactly where you are talking about, be careful as that area that the discs go to may be government property. but being 1 that has thrown a few over and seen the terrain........you are crazy as some of those discs have heat cycled and may be junk, but hell i sure as hell would not do it!

Latest posts