• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] F7 Review.

how does the f7 fly vs. a icon patriot? that's what is currently filling that slot for me and its time to buy a replacement.

how does the f7 fly vs. a icon patriot? that's what is currently filling that slot for me and its time to buy a replacement.
F7 has more glide, it's not as stable, more turn. It will hold the anny line better, it's a tricky disc hard to pin a label on it, but it's definitely not in the same stability as a patriot.

Just got back from the practice field with both a 169g Proto F7 and a 169g Vip Underworld(as well as twelve other fairway/control drivers). It was(is) pretty windy out today so maybe it's not a true comparison, but the F7 was every bit as understable as the Underworld albeit with a modicum less amount of glide. Both are great discs, and either would fill the slot for understable fairway driver admirably imo.

It's all about the Edel Pils!!!! ;)

Edit: And the hand-made pizza cart-thingy that the NG Brewery has come in on w/e's. :thmbup:
Ahh you know the deal!! They have redone the entire outside this year. If you have been its worth coming again it's beautiful!! And when you do I'm in town so we can go shoot a round!!!

Just might have to take you up on that next time I'm up that way! :)

I toured the New Glarus brewery a few years ago and they were talking about major construction to expand. Got to try the Cherry beer, where a whole pound of Cherries is used for like....every bottle. We camped out and had a fire and had some cows, fat squirrels, and etc. It was a good time.

Necrobump.

I finally threw one of these yesterday. Having not thrown any Prodigy since the Proto D4, this thing was great. I was impressed with the glide, and it felt great in the hand too. Might be a challenger to my Rivers...

Are F7s less nose angle sensitive than Underworlds? I have a hard time keeping the nose down when hyzer flipping my Underworld especially if I am releasing with a steep hyzer angle (around 7 o clock).

The nose on the F7 is much more blunt (fat and rounded) than the Underworld (which is thin and sharp).

So perhaps they are less nose angle sensitive. Any physics nerds want to chime in?

I have consistently used my F7. Some courses more than others....and it always depends on conditions, etc, etc.

Wooded courses and lower wind situations is the BEST for this disc. I used it a lot at Blue Ribbon Pines in MN and it really helped my game. In mostly wooded courses I tend to use more controllable understable discs.

But I will say...6 months after my first review. It is still as awesome disc that I get great shots with that no other disc I've used up to this point has been able to do. I love the thing.

I am going to pick up another at some point....but the one I have is still $$$

Last edited:
My F7 is only used in my bag as a precision roller. In the right conditions I am extremely accurate with it. Mine is 400g and too flippy to throw but mine rolls like a champ! If your not rollin it, you aint using it right.

My F7 is one of the most understable fairways that I have thrown. I kept it in my bag for a few months.

I used it RHBH on left to right holes that I couldn't reach with a RHFH throw and a more stable disc. I usually had to throw it with a little bit more height than normal throws so it wouldn't turn into the ground and roll out. I don't think I ever saw it fade left from a RHBH throw.

I tried a few BH rollers with it and it did the job well.

Get a 172g-174g and they fly really well....Hyzerflip with a little turn and they fade back.....Not a turn n burn disc....I dont know what that B hole was talking about....if you have a 160g 300 then maybe. but I use the F7 a ton

Bringing the thread back from the dead. How does it compare to a roadrunner?

It's a good disc. I haven't thrown one in ages. But I know it dosent feel like a roadrunner one bit. The F7 has a unique dome to it, it reminds me of how a whippet feels (not flies).

One of the only prodigy discs I've liked besides the pa1/4 combo I played with for a minute.