• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fastest a disc was lost

got a black kc pro roc in the mail 10 minutes before i left for the round, second hole/ first throw with the disc... middle of the cove... 15+ feet of water... gone.

also bought a used destroyer, lost it on its first throw too... and an x out dx wraith lost on the first throw...

Back in 2006 when I first started I bought a 150 Pro Leopard. I think my second or third throw with it I bear clawed it and it flipped and flew like 200 feet to the right way off course and landed on top of a building. :)

Bought a Comet - turned it over and lost it first throw.

Bought another Comet - turned it over and lost it first throw.

I should really consider some field work with the Comet before I take it out for a round...

if they turned that bad they shouldnt have gone too far ... did fly into water or terrible schule or something?

Back in 2006 when I first started I bought a 150 Pro Leopard. I think my second or third throw with it I bear clawed it and it flipped and flew like 200 feet to the right way off course and landed on top of a building. :)

Lol, I've had friends throw some discs so far out of bounds that you would think they'd have to try to throw it that badly. This week my friend threw a disc over someone's fence, about 150 feet left of the hole. The week before that my friend threw a disc on top of the firestation, and actually ended up getting it back. 200+ feet left of the hole.

TODAY!!!

Bought a Star Leopard to do a dye for a buddy on, paid for it, got into a conversation with said buddy, walked out of the store. When I got to the truck I got a phone call......... Ended the call and went to look at how to lay out the dye, NO DISC!!!!!

I guess I got distracted and walked out with out it! I hope the guy in line behind me enjoys his new disc.............

Wow, lost after zero throws. Will that record stand, or will someone have a story about losing a disc after a negative number of throws?

Wow, lost after zero throws. Will that record stand, or will someone have a story about losing a disc after a negative number of throws?

Yea it sucked!!! We went back in afterwards and asked if the guy payed with cash, check, or credit (just trying to think of a way to contact him)......... CASH......

Gotta tell my boss Monday he owes me for a disc since it was him that I was talking to as I watched the other guy walk out of the store.

Gave my buddy a z buzz last year and he aced 8 holes later with it. When we finished the round it was not in the bag. Downhill course on a ski slope so it was gone gone. Burn hot and die out I guess.

Arizona

While in Phoenix, a friend of mine bought an Orc at Vista del Camino and lost it to the water on the first throw (#1). I lost my old trusty Sidewinder on #1 at Fountain Hills (but it had lived a year in my bag). I don't like it when a course starts with a water hole so now I start elsewhere and play the water hole after I am more warmed up.

I got a friend to start playing and he bought a ton a new bag and a few disc's. We went 10 holes and he used the one star boss about 5 times. Then my dumb@$$ brother-in-law directed him to play these four holes that a bunch of people lose a disc at one if not all of the holes. He ended up losing the star boss and never put his name and number on it. :doh:

I guess that is a welcome to disc golf moment :popcorn:

if they turned that bad they shouldnt have gone too far ... did fly into water or terrible schule or something?
The first one was probably 10 feet off the fairway into the woods... in snow. Could never find it. Figured someone else grabbed it when the snow melted.

The second one was unbelievably heavy schule. Sucks because I was actually TRYING to turn it over but damn those things glide...

A friend of mine lost a 2 Ring Stingray after about 6 throws. The first 5 were at Oak Grove and the last on hole 4 at Chavez.