• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fat Guy Tripod Stools

DiscinMiller

Par Member
I have just begun to branch out into the world of tournament disc golf. I finally have an appreciation for how hard it can be to stand and walk 36 holes of disc, and want a stool

Problem: I'm 6'1 and 300LBS. most stools seem to be rated at up to 225 or 250. I have seen some at 275 but with few reviews. are there any other bigger guys (or gals) out there who have had success with a stool holding up to the weight?

As a former fat guy speaking...

...walk, don't sit.

i generally agree walking is useful, however on a day where I already have 25-30k steps and 25 flights of stairs from two rounds of golf I dont think I need to feel guilty about a desire to sit during the long waits on tee pads.

That being said Im not really that fat, just stocky, i used to be 450lbs

6'1" 300 lbs is fat. no bones about it. Not saying that nothing can be done about it, but don't kid yourself.

I agree that you really don't have many options until you shed some of that weight. it will improve your game and overall quality of life.

Last edited:
Good gravy, what courses are roughly 9-18 miles long in your area?

BTW not making fun of your situation, I've been there, the easier I made it for me the worse it was to lose that extra weight.

Good gravy, what courses are roughly 9-18 miles long in your area?

BTW not making fun of your situation, I've been there, the easier I made it for me the worse it was to lose that extra weight.

they arent 9 miles long. 25k steps is approximately 12 miles total, six miles per round. plus the nearly mile long walk to our starting hole and then back to the clubhouse again. times two rounds

6'1" 300 lbs is fat. no bones about it. Not saying that nothing can be done about it, but don't kid yourself.

I agree that you really don't have many options until you shed some of that weight. it will improve your game and overall quality of life.

I typed up a long response, but decided to just leave this here. It takes a small man to just call a person fat without ever seeing them. I realize the title alludes to being fat, but really it was just as an attention getter to get other big guys to chime in. My assumption is that the perfectly in shape and healthy gentlemen like yourself would have no reason to chime in. But kudos to you for trying to fat shame a natural bodybuilder who once was well over 450lbs and now maintains a body fat of just under 20%. I'm sure you feel at least a little better about yourself

27193f392fca2056e965c8a8725fe9a4.jpg

6'2" 305lbs not me, just example

I typed up a long response, but decided to just leave this here. It takes a small man to just call a person fat without ever seeing them. I realize the title alludes to being fat, but really it was just as an attention getter to get other big guys to chime in. My assumption is that the perfectly in shape and healthy gentlemen like yourself would have no reason to chime in. But kudos to you for trying to fat shame a natural bodybuilder who once was well over 450lbs and now maintains a body fat of just under 20%. I'm sure you feel at least a little better about yourself

27193f392fca2056e965c8a8725fe9a4.jpg

6'2" 305lbs not me, just example

but you look just like that guy, right?

You can come beat me up if you'd like. Good luck with your chair search

The point is you haven't a clue. So stop trolling a thread you clearly have no input for othe then lose weight

back to the op. theres a vid on u-tube of 8 or 10 of the "walkstools" holding up a range rover. they come in different hights and "weights" (heavy duty and so on to light). costly but never heard complaints. its what you're looking for big man.

Yes yes. Already purchased one this afternoon after the recommendation. Checked you the YouTube and reviews were good. Hope I like. Pricey

How are there this many d*cks on a fuggin' disc golf forum? Unreal!!!

The internet has crushed civility...

I do apologize if I contributed to the degeneration of the thread. I wasn't going to sit idly by and be called names for no reason

I've lost over 220lbs playing disc golf and hardly ever sit down. Forget the stool, just lean back against a tree or something if you need to. For me, playing 2 rounds a day wasn't due to sitting down it was due to getting a cart and saving my shoulders. And btw....6'1 and 300lbs, especially if you have some muscle development isn't that bad. But let's face it, there's alot more "Simon"s compared to "Avery"s in disc golf. ;)