• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Disc Golf Shoes

Do ya'll think the Merrell's, Solomon's, Keens, and Vasque shoes are all flexible enough?

I have been using the vasque mantra since March, at least 2-3 rounds per week.

It is a super comfortable & flexible shoe. Almost feels like a pair of slippers. That is also the reason I was weary about them holding up, but they are still in good shape.

http://www.rei.com/product/757633

I used to wear waterproof, Vibram sole Teva hikers, and then I just bought a pair of these:

http://www.zappos.com/merrell-moab-gore-tex-reg-xcr-reg-beluga

GORE-TEX, Vibram sole and comfy as hell. Keeps my feet dry and I know that the underside will be able to hold up to any punishment.

I got these same shoes last summer. Put Superfeet soles in them and they were great. Comfy and kept water out. Unfortunately, I played 36 holes after a rainstorm at Lemon Lake this spring and they haven't been waterproof since.

i wear my church shoes. holey (slip on) vans. the same as jeff spicoley had. -bangs shoe to the head-"i'm so wasted":popcorn:

Nothing says special like size 13s with velcro!

resize

Thats what I wear with the special "dontgivea****" technology. Walk into anything you like and plane dont give a ****. They were $15 at Walmart

Has anyone tried keens "disc golf" shoes yet?

I have had a different experience than the other posters. I got mine last November when they first came out. At first, they were great. Very comfortable and the waterproofing worked very well.

However, I do not think they are very durable. At first, I got a couple of small tears from thorny vines. The killer is that I drag my left foot on the tee-box. If you do something like this, these shoes will not hold up well at all. I have worn a hole completely through and have lost all waterproof capabilities.

Although they are very comfortable and are a very good shoe in the beginning. I will not buy another pair based on the durability issues.

I have had a different experience than the other posters. I got mine last November when they first came out. At first, they were great. Very comfortable and the waterproofing worked very well.

However, I do not think they are very durable. At first, I got a couple of small tears from thorny vines. The killer is that I drag my left foot on the tee-box. If you do something like this, these shoes will not hold up well at all. I have worn a hole completely through and have lost all waterproof capabilities.

Although they are very comfortable and are a very good shoe in the beginning. I will not buy another pair based on the durability issues.

You're the second person I've seen talk about the Milos not holding up well from foot-dragging on the tee pad. I'm kinda wondering if any brand of shoe will really hold up well from that? Thin rubber vs. textured concrete may just not be a win for any pair of shoes..

I have several things that I may wear depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing.

Winter or mud I'm wearing my Timberland Conway Trail hiking boots:
theti224829_79708_lg.jpg

if it's dry/dusty and I've got cement tees and nothing to slippy i'll wear an old pair of Addias SS2G's with the sneaker bottom (not tennis shoe bottom)
20340.jpg

I only wear these in white with black stripes. I've always got at least one pair hanging around. Now I've got a pretty pair and a beat up pair.

Sometimes I like to wear a pair of Nike Frees 5.0 the look similar to this picture, but they're solid gray with white swoosh and yellow accents:
2859_G_1245508249623.jpg

I bought a pair of really grippy "breeze through" The North Face hiking shoes with Vibram soles, for when I need the grip, but don't want my feet to be hot they look similar to this, but navy blue and with Vibram outsoles.
2895.jpg

and finally I've recently started wearing a pair of Vibram Five Fingers KSO:
Vibram%20FiveFingers%20KSO%20Grey-Camo%20Men%20Shoes.jpg

And that's everything i may wear from game to game.

\/\/

I was just about to mention the Vibram Five Fingers - a guy who plays with us regularly wears them. I think they're pretty cool, but I'm not gonna buy a pair because I don't want to be the copycat :)

I'm a huge fan of any shoe with Vibram on the sole. Merrill's in particular are my favorite. Actually just got some for my birthday on sale :thmbup: 50 bucks for a high end pair.

I've heard the finger shoes will wear out quickly no?

Really depends on which FiveFingers you get. There are some that are more of a satin slipper than a shoe. The ones I have are like the best water shoes money can buy.

If I'd had a better selection at the local store I bought these are I would have purchased the FiveFingers KSO Trek, which are a bit more sneaker like.

But they're GREAT if you're playing with natural tees and near water.

\/\/

I got these same shoes last summer. Put Superfeet soles in them and they were great. Comfy and kept water out. Unfortunately, I played 36 holes after a rainstorm at Lemon Lake this spring and they haven't been waterproof since.

Then you'll be glad to know that if you contact the fine people at Gore-Tex
http://www.gore-tex.com/remote/Satellite/home
send them an email, talk with a representative, and finally send them in your old non-waterproof shoes, they will send you a free pair of any shoe they make. That's what I did when my $90 Moabs started leaking, and now I own a pair of waterproof $120 New Balance.

Gore-Tex really stands behind their products, I'll buy their stuff from now on because of how well they handled this for me.

Agreed, I sport the Merrell Moab Mids. Just about any type of terrain and weather. I've had mine since January, and I've wore them everywhere. I love mine

8521-733227-3.jpg
8521-733227-2.jpg