• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Pandora stations to disc golf to

d11rok

Par Member
Just got a JBL clip 2 for the disc golf bag. While playing a winter round today and listening to one of my Pandora stations during it, I wondered, what are you all's favorite station to have on (if any) during a casual round of disc golf?

I just put on Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music" to set the mood for a relaxing round. Card mates always appreciate the tunes while we play.

Nothing like a relaxing time playing outdoors while somebody else blasts their music. Anything to drown out that annoying quiet and frightening sounds of nature. Thanks OP for helping the rest of us enjoy our rounds.

Nothing like a relaxing time playing outdoors while somebody else blasts their music. Anything to drown out that annoying quiet and frightening sounds of nature. Thanks OP for helping the rest of us enjoy our rounds.

ive found a lot of great new music this way!

I don't do anything too hardcore, I have a Spotify playlist called "Box of Rain" that has a lot of chill stuff like Grateful Dead, Dispatch, Jimi Hendrix, the Band and things that aren't too intrusive to others, while still being something that I feel enhances my mood and elevates the mindset.

I make a new one every season or so.

A lot of Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson and DBT on this Winter's playlist.

It depends on my mood really. I don't always like music when I'm playing really, especially early in the morning. Sometimes I'll throw on something mellow, maybe acoustic blues of some mellow jazz or electronica/ambient sort of stuff. Otherwise I put on my headphone if I'm feeling anything heavier like skrillex or arch enemy or something. I usually play my best to the faster heavier stuff when I am in the mood for music though, so headphones it is unless it's a Saturday afternoon in a park full of weekenders all blasting music too. Then idgaf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed...the sounds of nature when playing disc golf:
- the metallic ring of chains
- the thud of plastic hitting against trees
- the clink of aluminum beer cans hitting the bottom of a steel garbage can
- the warning call of "heads up"
- the shouts after a disc has gone astray

Aside from the first inorganic noise, seems like music is the much calmer alternative, especially when I keep it to about a 30 foot volume at most

Though i will agree that if I'm out by myself, I rarely have music on

Any music from the 60s/70s that didn't get played on the radio, bluegrass, electronic, acid space rock both old and new, some jazz fusion/trance.
If playing alone on a course in the country, silence.

And teenage seed-and-stem-rolling chuckers have ruined reggae for me.

I hate it when people have music blasting on a course. Especially on the local little 9 holer that i play a lot thats mostly open with parallel fairways. I find it suuuuper annoying. Especially since its also almost always music i hate too.

My favorite station is the one where the birds chirp, the creek babbles, and wind blows through the trees. Sounds so peaceful and amazing, I'm not sure why anyone would want to drown it out with their treble only, terrible sounding device, on a regular basis.

I urge everyone that likes music as they play to use earbuds if they are not alone on the course, it's just the courteous thing to do.

I urge everyone that likes music as they play to use earbuds if they are not alone on the course, it's just the courteous thing to do.

Preach, sir.

And if a group insists on listening to music out loud, it shouldn't be audible more than 10 feet from the speaker. If the whole group wants to hear it, they can walk together in a cluster and listen. I shouldn't be subjected to your music six holes away just so no one in your group has to suffer out of range of the speaker for even a second.

In truth, what's worse than the loud music is that when groups are listening to loud music, it forces them to shout to one another just to have a conversation. As much as the music is unwelcome, hearing mundane conversations between people I don't know is arguably worse. I don't care how drunk my friends were last night or how much of a pain in the ass their wife/girlfriend is being about them coming out to play...I certainly don't need to hear it from strangers.

Never fails to amaze me how this question riles up so many people on here.

Yeah I don't get it either. Personally I attach my dubstep blaring device to my unruly, unleashed pitbull mix because disc golf. :thmbup:

Got a keep a hand free for holding my sixer of Blue Moon, glass bottles of course. ;)

Indeed...the sounds of nature when playing disc golf:
- the metallic ring of chains
- the thud of plastic hitting against trees
- the clink of aluminum beer cans hitting the bottom of a steel garbage can
- the warning call of "heads up"
- the shouts after a disc has gone astray

Aside from the first inorganic noise, seems like music is the much calmer alternative, especially when I keep it to about a 30 foot volume at most

Though i will agree that if I'm out by myself, I rarely have music on

If you're alone you don't turn on your music, but if people are with you you turn it on. I'm so confused.

Latest posts