• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Favourite understable distance driver

I prefer to find a good beat in version of whatever I throw as my main driver, so for me it's the Tresspass. I've got 2 beat in bio fuzion tresspasses, one's my big turn over driver/tail wind and the other is my roller disc for wide open rollers. I like having a consistent feel across my drivers.

If the OP said minimum of a 10 speed.....easy for me, DX Beast.

After a few tree hits, they can flip so easy.

For me the are three that I could use more or less interchangeably and they are the King, Sheriff and Shryke. They can all be thrown on long hyzerflip lines and s curve shots, I think the King does the long turn to tiny fade the best, but the Shryke can do it as well especially in Champ.

Finally got some SP Breakers. The shape of the disc literally feels right between a zone and a ringer GT. Hopefully the flight will be right in that sweet spot also. I'll be able to get a bunch of throws in with it this weekend.

For me the are three that I could use more or less interchangeably and they are the King, Sheriff and Shryke. They can all be thrown on long hyzerflip lines and s curve shots, I think the King does the long turn to tiny fade the best, but the Shryke can do it as well especially in Champ.

I'd agree. The 3 you mentioned are probably my favorite long, understable drivers. I'd probably add the Ballista in there too.

I'd agree. The 3 you mentioned are probably my favorite long, understable drivers. I'd probably add the Ballista in there too.

Would agree, was harder for me to be consistent with, but also a very good disc.

Tour or Sig? Yes, I agree...thing just wants to fly. I love it.

The one that says team champion, tour? Are they different? Can't wait until I dare to really turn it in the woods....
I come from latitude Discs and if you threw the River and the FD, you know they don't rock the same scale.

Haha yes, my arm is somewhere around speed 10 or 11 but damn. A flat release smash 3m above the ground with the decodye Ballista is my longest shots on the range.

The one that says team champion, tour? Are they different? Can't wait until I dare to really turn it in the woods....
I come from latitude Discs and if you threw the River and the FD, you know they don't rock the same scale.

The Opto-X River flies a lot like a Night Strike or C-FD. Any other plastic than that is much less stable than all but the most trashed D-FD.

Star Tern is the only understable distance driver that has been any use for my noodle arm.

I prefer to find a good beat in version of whatever I throw as my main driver, so for me it's the Tresspass. I've got 2 beat in bio fuzion tresspasses, one's my big turn over driver/tail wind and the other is my roller disc for wide open rollers. I like having a consistent feel across my drivers.

Yeah a beat-in Fuzion Trespass is an easy to s-curve bomber. :thmbup:

I bag an Opto Ballista for max D and and a VIP King for roller flippy shots. The Ballista is very rewarding when you get a good rip and fairly predictable if you don't. The King is more for rollers and long turnovers but super useful on long, uphill shots.

My Gyro bag is usually either a N Catalyst or Plaz Wave. They both bomb but have to be ripped clean. The N Teleport is also a bomber but I barely have any business throwing it due to speed. A N Insanity gets most of US line shaping shots though.

I like the Destiny a lot, it's very similar to the King. Also like Swords and other Trilogy drivers except the Freedom. That disc is stupidly finicky and that's coming from a flippy King thrower. I need to try Shryke. Sheriff, and Terns sometime.

Yeah a beat-in Fuzion Trespass is an easy to s-curve bomber. :thmbup:

I bag an Opto Ballista for max D and and a VIP King for roller flippy shots. The Ballista is very rewarding when you get a good rip and fairly predictable if you don't. The King is more for rollers and long turnovers but super useful on long, uphill shots.

My Gyro bag is usually either a N Catalyst or Plaz Wave. They both bomb but have to be ripped clean. The N Teleport is also a bomber but I barely have any business throwing it due to speed. A N Insanity gets most of US line shaping shots though.

I like the Destiny a lot, it's very similar to the King. Also like Swords and other Trilogy drivers except the Freedom. That disc is stupidly finicky and that's coming from a flippy King thrower. I need to try Shryke. Sheriff, and Terns sometime.

IMO, the Shryke, Sheriff, King, and Ballista are the 4 best long range understable discs out there now. They're flippy, but not to the point of complete uselessness. Now, if I had to go further and only pick 1 I'm taking the Shryke. I find it the most consistent. A Shryke will USUALLY exhibit some good high speed turn without totally turning and burning. Anyone who likes discs of that speed/stability needs to try a Shryke for sure. Terns are pretty close to a Shryke, but a speed slower and maybe a touch more erratic.

The Freedom is fairly useless, I'll agree there. I can get 1 450' bomb with that disc in like 20 tries. The other 19 turn and burn.

For me, it's a tossup between the Discraft I-get-no-reSpectra and the Nuke SS.

Crank... especially in lighter weights.

[/B]

IMO, the Shryke, Sheriff, King, and Ballista are the 4 best long range understable discs out there now. They're flippy, but not to the point of complete uselessness. Now, if I had to go further and only pick 1 I'm taking the Shryke. I find it the most consistent. A Shryke will USUALLY exhibit some good high speed turn without totally turning and burning. Anyone who likes discs of that speed/stability needs to try a Shryke for sure. Terns are pretty close to a Shryke, but a speed slower and maybe a touch more erratic.

The Freedom is fairly useless, I'll agree there. I can get 1 450' bomb with that disc in like 20 tries. The other 19 turn and burn.

Have you tried the Infinite disc that's supposed to be similar to the Shryke? The Pharaoh I think?

Have you tried the Infinite disc that's supposed to be similar to the Shryke? The Pharaoh I think?

Nope. I haven't seen or tried one. If I run across one I'll give it a shot. Everything I've heard about the Pharaoh has been good.

It almost sounds like what a DDX is versus a Tern. Slightly more overstable.

Nope. I haven't seen or tried one. If I run across one I'll give it a shot. Everything I've heard about the Pharaoh has been good.

It almost sounds like what a DDX is versus a Tern. Slightly more overstable.

I-blend Pharaoh is very much like a Pro Shryke. Both are excellent. :thmbup: