• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finally broke my distance plateau.

zenbot

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Only by 20-30 feet but I've been hitting the same d for about a year. All I had to do was keep my hand bent down in my swing. This got the nose down more. It felt really good to make progress.

I think he's talking about nose down in relation to the throw not necessarily the ground. You can throw a 50' high shot and still be nose down in relation to the line the disc is on, but not be nose down in relation to the ground. Nose down in relation to the line is whats important to keep the disc from stalling.

down like physically keeping the disc more nose down?

congrats by the way.
nose down meaning the nose angle is slightly lower than parallel to the ground. It sounds counter-productive but having the nose even slightly higher than parallel (especially with angle sensitive sharp edged discs) will cause the disc to stall a little and hyzer prematurely.

I've always been familiar with these concepts but I just wasn't able to get the angle right.

nose down meaning the nose angle is slightly lower than parallel to the ground. It sounds counter-productive but having the nose even slightly higher than parallel (especially with angle sensitive sharp edged discs) will cause the disc to stall a little and hyzer prematurely.

I've always been familiar with these concepts but I just wasn't able to get the angle right.

i see. looking forward to give that a try.

i see. looking forward to give that a try.
The thing was that I thought I was doing everything right and not getting any results. I placed the disc in my hand correctly. It was my wrist positioning on the snap.

what made you realize that you were doing it wrong?
I went through my throw slowly in a mirror. Even though I thought I was releasing with the nose down at the end of the snap, sure enough, the disc was pointed up. So I consciously kept my wrist cocked down. The very first throw on a football field went about 30 feet further than normal. Nothing better than instant results.

Don't get the wrong impression. My drives still suck. With the 30 extra feet I'm still only hitting 270-280. Good thing I putt and approach all right.

Well good, I'd like to say the same, but it's my first summer playing. So just between playing and practicing I'm naturally going to get more distance in my first few months. But I'm glad your work finally paid off for you. :)

Well good, I'd like to say the same, but it's my first summer playing. So just between playing and practicing I'm naturally going to get more distance in my first few months. But I'm glad your work finally paid off for you. :)

That's about the same for me. I usually drive over a little over 300ft. though, but I know the game where you count on your putts and approaches. :D

That's about the same for me. I usually drive over a little over 300ft. though, but I know the game where you count on your putts and approaches. :D

Yeah, I drive a little under 300

Not sure exactly though, I need to go to a marked football field or something soon so I can get a fix on that number.

But yeah, my approach is good 16 holes in a round and my putting is good-great for ~14 holes. If I can just improve my putting circle by 5-10 feet I'd be so happy. :)

If I can just improve my putting circle by 5-10 feet I'd be so happy. :)

Wouldn't everyone............................I have the same thoughts. If I could consistently make 30-40ft. putts, that would be a slight, but very helpful improvement.

Wouldn't everyone............................I have the same thoughts. If I could consistently make 30-40ft. putts, that would be a slight, but very helpful improvement.

lol, Good point.

Incentive for me to build a basket next summer, or find a good one cheap. I'm going to look into both at the end of this school year, we'll see what looks good :)

lol, Good point.

Incentive for me to build a basket next summer, or find a good one cheap. I'm going to look into both at the end of this school year, we'll see what looks good :)

I thought of building one, but the chains run up the price so much that I figured I would just buy a portable one that I can bring with me. So I have been waiting for someone to sell a slightly used or new Innova SkillShot or even better a DGA Mach Lite.fellow Dgers will sell them anywhere from 50-80 bucks NEW just to help out a friend.

I thought of building one, but the chains run up the price so much that I figured I would just buy a portable one that I can bring with me. So I have been waiting for someone to sell a slightly used or new Innova SkillShot or even better a DGA Mach Lite.fellow Dgers will sell them anywhere from 50-80 bucks NEW just to help out a friend.

Sounds good, yeah man, good idea. I'll definately start looking on ebay and craigslist during second semester. I should be able to find a decent one right before summer starts. :)

Sounds good, yeah man, good idea. I'll definately start looking on ebay and craigslist during second semester. I should be able to find a decent one right before summer starts. :)

Yea, if not there might be one availble on here, or if there is a local disc golf club somewhere near the school and you get into that so people know you...they usually have one every other month willing to give to a friend for cheap.

Yea, if not there might be one availble on here, or if there is a local disc golf club somewhere near the school and you get into that so people know you...they usually have one every other month willing to give to a friend for cheap.

It's rolla... I dunno if you know much about it, but I'm gonna have a hard time finding one there.

Three Putt, no offense, if I'm wrong rip me a new one and set me straight.