• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Find the Gap and Fill It!

Jmscrimp

I am looking to add 1-2 discs to my bag. I think I have 1-2 gaps. Find them and suggest what I should fill it with. As you can see, I have a mixed bag and open to all suggestions. There maybe no gap and just a suggestion to replace something.

My line up:
Classic Aviar (putting only)
XT Whale (long putts, upshots, and drives)
DX Roc (seasoned turnover midrange)
Gold Line Claymore (straight)
750 Prodigy M1(overstable mid range)
750 Prodigy F2 (overstable driver)
Champion Eagle (driver that holds any line)
Champion Firebird (hyzers, thumbers)
Champion Thunderbird (go to driver)
400s Prodigy D2 (RHBH long drives)
Elasto Westside World (FH drives)

Maybe an overstable putter like a Harp or Zone and an understable fairway like a Leopard and for grins a Star Wraith for a go to driver.

Depending on what kind of arm you have I'd say some inderstable distance stuff. Maybe a tern or roadrunner for hyzer flip/rollers respectively

Bag is okay, but here are some thoughts as I read through the list:

1. Somewhere between the Thunderbird, Firebird, and longer drivers, something is redundant. Which disc that is, I don't know; you'd have to determine that yourself. And redundancy is not a bad thing if you might lose a disc. But it's a place to consider necessity and pruning.

2. You might want to consider an overstable putter/approach/short mid. IMHO the V-Tech of the Whale is not really overstable (just as my Star Stud is not as overstable on fade-outs that I want it to be), so you might consider a Discmania P2 or P3, a Prodigy A1 or A2, or a Harp (my Harp is ordered and on the way now).

3. I liked the previously mentioned idea of a Tern, and I'd suggest (instead of a Roadrunner) a Champion Sidewinder.

I 2nd the overstable putter and understable fairway recommendation. I like using a Rhyno as my os putter. Leopard is always a solid choice for an us fairway.

I'll jump on the OS putter bandwagon. doesn't really matter which you choose. I throw a zone because I like the look and feel of jawbreaker plastic.

Second suggestion is a mvp resistor. Super OS fairway with the speed of a mid. Fits great in between a os putter and a firebird. I use mine a lot. Having a fairway wing, but being slow feels awesome.

OS putter for hyzer putts as well as possible flick putting. (Rhyno, Zone, Pig, Harp, P2, BB Aviar, A1)

Something US in the speed 6-10 range (Leopard/3, River, Underworld, Valkerie, Sidewinder, Fury, TD, OLS, PLS, JLS, FD)

my suggestions:
Pro Valkyrie-starts out US and will soon beat into roller stability(and Sky anhyzers)
*insert favorite premium plastic sidewinder- will start or more stable than u expect from a sidewinder, but won't take too long to hit the sweet spot for US duties and stay there
DX roc(in place of the prodigy m1)- u already have the turnover roc(which is the hard part!), so I'd say to start a roc cycle. Eventually will replace your claymore, at which point u could add another DX roc to the bag for OS
Leo(3)/s-FD/River- out of the box US fairway
Then some OS putter-harp, zone, pig if u want really OS, BB aviar, p2 if u want non-utility level OS

Harp and Underworld
I have to reiterate every other person in the thread, and why not Finnish plastic?

Thank you all for the suggestions! Added a VIP Harp and Lucid Thief to the bag today to cover the gaps.