• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Findley State Park DGC, Wellington, OH - missing baskets/tee location

Brall

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Findley State Park DGC, Wellington, OH

i played the new back 9 for the first time last weekend. thx to those that put all the hard work into it!

a few quick questions. could you please describe where the tee for hole #9 officially is? is it on the parking lot near the tee sign or maybe in the spot 30 feet ahead and 30 feet right of the sign where there is a worn spot on the ground?

also, the basket for hole #9 and hole #13 was either missing or my group and i just couldn't find it. any knews on those?

thx!

9 tee pics

fbabfad8.jpg

89bb4e71.jpg

ddda080f.jpg

I've played through the back 9 a couple of times and it takes the tight wooded part of the short front 9 and carries that theme into much longer and therefore more difficult holes. Unfortunately, the last couple times I made it out there, it was later and it gets dark in those woods pretty early, its so thick. Hopefully more people get through it to tromp down some of the fairways a bit more.

I alway play 9 from the parking lot on the right side of the sign. Also. Have you played the "bonus hole" between 7 and 8 across the lot from hole 6 basket to hole 4 (I think) basket?

i haven't played the bonus hole from hole #7's basket to hole #5 because there are always cars in the parking lot when i'm there :(

hopefully one of the locals chime in about 9's official location and the missing baskets

bah, i'll rephrase

a league member or designer or someone that just happens to know where the tee would 'officially' be located.

this is for the means of me updating the course to show a correct photo and measurement.

also, the missing baskets? i heard from a squirrel that a tree fell on the basket for #9.

I saw a basket sitting back past the basket for 6 last time I was there. I think they get some bored locals out there that try to rip them out as the one for 6 was broken like someone used a truck to pull it the one day.

If I see the guys that did a lot of the work designing the back 9 again; I will ask him. I had his number as I was going to help clear some of the new fairways but I lost it.

Last time I was there (Labor Day?) 5's basket was broken and was propped up by some thick branches. I did really like the back 9.

Last time I was there (Labor Day?) 5's basket was broken and was propped up by some thick branches. I did really like the back 9.

Yep. That was the one broken. Not 6. Been busy with random things at work today to where I was havinga hard time picturing where I was at. Almost gave bral the location for 10s tee thinking back 9 started with 9 for some dumb reason.

update

Hello John, thanks for coming out to the park. The front nine is under some minor construction as we are moving some things around to get ready for concrete tees. We are working on a new map that will be posted ASAP. As for now the basket for nine has been removed ( it will be going back in same area) and hole thirteen is being relocated. Hope this helps for some of the confusion.

Thanks for getting that clarification Brall!
I was out there with my daughter today for the first time, and she is reviewing the course for a 4H project. Unfortunately, with the basket on 9 missing, walking up and down the road before finding 10, never finding 13 (apparently we found the tee, just not the basket) she gave up and we only played 12.
Too bad too, because I really liked how the back 9 was shaping up. It was a full hour out there for us, so I'm not sure when we will get back.