• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First 360 Distance Practice in 2014

SearchingForDistance

Birdie Member
I hadn't practiced the 360 in over a year and therefore I went to a field 10 miles (swedish miles) away to practice.

Went to Umeå/ Sweden and threw some discs and measured the longest throws. I was pushing over 140 meters with almost every disc but the ones I felt would get closer to 160 meters turned over almost every time and after a while I got tired.

The wind was very weak at first while throwing into a Headwind but after a while I threw from the other side of the field and hit the longest throw of 154,2 meter but I had the Blizz Boss and Opto-Air Halo up to speed but they could not hold the line as good as the Wraith did. I feel like I could have thrown the Boss above 160 meters if I'd hit the right line.

But still the wind was changing a lot and it was hard to know when to throw for best lift.

360 Turnaround:
Blizzard Wraith 154,2 meter 150 gram Wind over left shoulder
Pro Valkyrie 146,3 meter 170 gram Wind over left shoulder
Blizzard Boss 144,9 meter 135 gram Headwind
Opto-Air Halo 143,1 meter 155 gram Wind over left shoulder
Pinnacle Cannon 140,2 meter 173 gram Headwind
Pro Destroyer 140,0 meter 167 gram Headwind
Tournament King 132,5 meter 173 gram Headwind

Sidearm:
Opto-Air Diamond 105,2 meter 136 gram Headwind

I will do this once more during the summer and then I hope I will be in better shape to throw some Big Bombs over 160+ Meters (525+feet).

Latest posts