• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Bag

homedjm

New to the disc gold scene, what would you guys recommend for a first bag for 5-8 discs? Any third party makers? (i.e. besides Innova)

Woops misread it the first time. Start off with something on the cheaper end like a PDGA starter bag or a Fade Lite.

Last edited:
Not what you asked for, but the Inova Standard bag is hard to beat. So this post isn't a total waste for you, stay away from the cheap Lightning bag. It's junk.

I'd stay away from the discraft weekender. The strap on the one I got from last year's ace race has shredded from very slight use. The pdga starter bag is nice, and so is the fade crunch box

I'm using the PDGA Standard bag most of the time now and like it a lot. It's basically a beefed up version of the Innova Standard with some extras...same price, too. Has two of the accordion dividers, which can be removed to fit 12-14 discs instead of 10, or you could remove one and leave some room for a towel, etc. Putter pocket is kinda tight, so I put my main driver in there instead. The fabric is much tougher than the Innova version. I've had this one going on 4 years I think and it hardly shows any wear. http://www.gottagogottathrow.com/di...-p-347.html?osCsid=53cim3mpjon27bhjc7o5amsgf5

Lat Slim Jim is good one, too. Picked up two of those for a friend and his son and it seems like a well made bag.

Got rid of my Nut Sack just because I like to carry water with me. Really nice small bag and super durable, but you might outgrow it fast. Everyone says, "I'll stop at five or six discs, that's plenty" and then everyone buys a bigger bag soon. :)

Everyone says, "I'll stop at five or six discs, that's plenty" and then everyone buys a bigger bag soon. :)

I will attest to this...been playing like..3 months...bought a small bag thinking 10 was enough....its tough to stay under that...not that i need that many disc persay, but im buying them to try then and find what im most comfortable with, and then i get out onthe course and cant leave any behind :). theres always that one shot that you without a doubt can make with X disc and dont wanna leave taht shot at home. Thats what happens to me at least....i'd recomment just using like...a cooler or something to start...until you see exactly how many discs your going to want to lug around....

Fade Lite bag, 14 bucks, fits 11-13 discs depending on selection and has the bare essentials while being somewhat well made.

GORILLA BOY spider monkey/thread. great size carrys well and will last forever. usually not too long of a wait on that and you get to support a great guy with great products and service.

Do NOT get a nutsack, You should really get a bag with a water bottle holder, I carry 2 32oz bottles every time I play. Just keep that in mind.

Just get a fade crunch, the addiction of buying and trying more discs will catch up to you soon.

Fade crunch is a good starter bag. It's not overly expensive and it will give you some extra room for when you start to amass more discs(it will happen). Its pocket is big enough to stuff a birdie bag, extra socks and an extra t-shirt in because I've done it before. It also has a drink holder so you can put a 32 oz drink in there.

GORILLA BOY spider monkey/thread. great size carrys well and will last forever. usually not too long of a wait on that and you get to support a great guy with great products and service.

I recomended the Inova Standard earlier because I think it's a more fitting bag simply because of it's price and features. Mine served me well on the course and is now my practice putter bag.

If you want to spend the extra money, the Spider Monkey is a great bag. It's very similar to the Standard. I have one as my primary bag. I carry nine discs, a two liter water bottle and a few accessories. For me it's perfect.

Latest posts