• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First PAR round today!

nate22

Eagle Member
With our state championships coming I pulled my first par round today, great feeling, especially with a bogey on 7th and pulled a birdie on the 9th to do it. Went round again, and played one terrible hole and got a 31...so 60 for a full 18 makes me very happy!

Last Tourney 6 weeks back) I pulled 70 and 68, so things are looking up.

Thought Id share....

The 31 second round included a double bogey that was purely my own fault. I picked the longest hole with a difficult tee, fought back, missed a longish downhill par putt and then backhanded a lazy putt that dribbled out...silly boy!

Nice. Wait till you have a bogey free 18 hole round on your home course it's a great feeling :D.

I was close, I nailed the first 4 in the second round and was 1 under...so was feeling great. Was playing with a friend who was only out for the second time ever and he improved dramatically thanks to my teachings...best way to learn is to teach.

It is a good story actually.

He was doing ok, we hit the 5th and his disc lands off to the right of a tree, blocking his regular backhand throw. I suggest a forehand, off which he had never heard off, didnt know you could do that. He whips a Roc from 120ft out to about 5 feet of the basket.

Next hole after an errant tee, he tries it again from 100ft out and hits chain! It was like a switch went off, he is a natural forehander! Longest drive I think he got after that was easily 170ft...second time playing!

Nice job, Nate. Congrats. My best so far is +14 for 18 at my home course, so I know you must be feeling great right now!

Well done. :hfive:

feels great after all the crap Ive dealt with lately over my disc selling. Time my discs did the talking...if I get into the top 2-3 of recreational it will shut a few people up especially if I nab a par round or perhaps....better? 3 weeks to practice!

I shot 2 down on my home course last night. It was my first under par round on the newly redesigned layout and first time below par in quite a while. After a few weeks of mediocre tournament play, it was definitely nice to have a confidence builder round!

Awesome!

With the tourney coming up, I will post my bag soon to see if I should make any additions, but am feeling at one with what I have in there. The FLX Surge is my go to driver, easily, looove the thing. Sidewinders do me well for shorter drivers, the Teebird for tighter ones etc.

As for mids, Buzzz still has a place that I can hyzer/anhyzer as I need to, and the skeeter is as straight as an arrow when I just need to attack the basket.

Congrats man. The first time I shot par on my home course, I was celebrating too. Keep on playing that same course, you will go sub par

and then I got my first 1 under round...and did it with a chain hit on the 9th! Our state championships are 4 days away, and Im playing my best golf, awesome!

Awesome!

With the tourney coming up, I will post my bag soon to see if I should make any additions, but am feeling at one with what I have in there. The FLX Surge is my go to driver, easily, looove the thing. Sidewinders do me well for shorter drivers, the Teebird for tighter ones etc.

As for mids, Buzzz still has a place that I can hyzer/anhyzer as I need to, and the skeeter is as straight as an arrow when I just need to attack the basket.

What kind of skeeter do u have? I had a Dx that I really liked, but I just wore it out, lol.

I am proudest of the tournament round where I hit every fairway, and got no triple bogeys. It's also my highest rated round at 858. I shot my first even round a few weeks ago in casual play, and then got my first int division win the next tournament where I shot that 858 rated round.

I think I primarily need more reliable putting at close range, and I made it my goal to sink 1500 putts in a skillshot at 15 feet before the tournament this coming weekend. At 100 putts/day, I've already sunk 1000 putts as of today. I should hit 1500 the morning of the first day of the tournament.

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!! however.... you have to refer to shooting "par" as something else because disc golf has absolutely no relation to ball golf.

Congrats! I know that was a goal of mine that I finally met last fall. Now I'm trying to do a completely bogey free round. I made it to 23 of 25 holes this past weekend. But I got a 5 and then a 4 to finish out. Still I wound up -3.

Here's to many, many more par rounds!

seems I can keep around 'even' consistently now....but yes, a straight up round would be nice, closest I have come is a 1 bogey/2 birdie round, but still would be great to not have a 'bad' hole.

What kind of skeeter do u have? I had a Dx that I really liked, but I just wore it out, lol.

It is a Star Skeeter...guy had it labelled as a Kite, I guess he thought the SK meant 'Star Kite', but it has the star logo then SK. Its a beautiful disc that I picked up to resell her (like my roadrunner) but found its way into my bag, now its my go to straight approach shot. Anything with a anhyzer, or an obstacle...then I go to my ESP Buzzz.