• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Post - Here's my Bag

etz_wayne

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: NONE
Other sport proficiencies?: Ball Golf, Bowling lol
Additional Information: Started playing in 2008 in Tucson, AZ. Played on and off, never really focused on practice until the past year.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag? I only have one semi-reliable turnover driver. Lat 64 Havoc Gold Line
Specific areas of desired feedback: I feel like it's a solid bag, covering most shots.
Immediate and long-term goals: Perfect the scramble, I know it's counter-intuitive but I would love to find the group of discs that will get out of any situation.
Bag: Innova Standard Bag

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
170 Champion TeeBird - Worn/Reliable/Utility
172 Big Z Crank - New/Big Open Drives maxed out at 380' for me
171 Pro Destroyer - New (never thrown a Destroyer before this one)
175 Star TeeRex - New (replaced my worn/lost TRX)
175 Star TeeDevil - New (haven't found a perfect use yet, waiting on it to wear)
172 Lat 64 GL Havoc - Worn and flippy (roller, or long turnover disc)
172 Star TL - well used but super solid (i use this for almost ALL fairway driver shots)
175 Champion Eagle - well used, still solid and a little OS (low speed high fade shots)

Mids:
180 DX Roc - My beater, almost always throw this disc to get it worn.
180 R-Pro Roc - New, want this one to be my open shot Roc
175 Super Color BUZZZ - It's an older disc, it's my headwind putter from 20' IN , i don't throw it otherwise.

Putters:
165 Star Aviar - Short Drives - Approach and Putt

I have yet to begin really applying practice to my FH throws so I'd like a good couple suggestions for ease of use FH discs.

I just picked up these Roc's about 3 weeks ago. I cannot say anything about them that hasn't been said here, it's an easy favorite.

The Buzzz has too much width for me, it's sort of awkward feeling in my hand, I do not approach or drive with it. It's a solid headwind putter for me though.

I have a #1 Roller and an Aerobie Epic in my bag but...I think they need to go immediately. I never use them. I'm not comfortable with roller shots at all yet. I can turn that Havoc over pretty easily so I'll most likely let it become my roller in the future.

Approach game is where I'm looking to fill in some spaces. I love the feel of the R-Pro Roc in my hand. I'd like to find a SUPER OS Roc, there are some low ceiling, dogleg left holes in my area that I can't justify sending that Eagle down.

Thanks guys for your input.

what are you looking to improve on? Welcome to the site! Bag looks fine really.

Working angles always is better vs trying to add magical molds a d you have great molds to work with.

If you like the feel of xyz disc you can try a different plastic or similar molds from a different company.

Last edited:
How far are you throwing?

Looks like you could use a few more putters for your approach game.

Will be picking up a Grid Aviar or two today. I think if I just rotate Rocs and Putters I'll shave strokes. Thanks for having a look!

How far are you throwing?

Looks like you could use a few more putters for your approach game.

My absolute farthest throw was with my Crank at 380'

I average, considering hit trees and low throws, about 290 - 340 with any accuracy. Beyond that its all, "you're gonna break a hip throwing that hard Sonny"

what are you looking to improve on? Welcome to the site! Bag looks fine really.

Working angles always is better vs trying to add magical molds a d you have great molds to work with.

If you like the feel of xyz disc you can try a different plastic or similar molds from a different company.

Low hooks anywhere from 110' - 200'
High speed, low glide -1,1 driver or even -2,1. Looking at Leopard3 as final distance disc.

PUTTING always (but I just found a technique I love)

For the 100-200ft shots, try a Rhyno or Harp, maybe even a Zone. Zone if you want the meat-hook and skip shots, Rhyno if you don't want the skips. All three of these are great up shot disc with lots of followers and they forehand well to. Don't need a mid for those shots.

Thanks everyone for the thoughtful feedback. I pulled the trigger on a special champ Roc3, I'll post a pic in the appropriate forum when it arrives.

Grabbed up two DX Grid Aviars, one will wear slow as I'll actually use it in rounds, the other will wear quickly because it will supplement my Star model in practice. (Along with my new determination to master the BUZZZ)

Going to need a better bag soon. Something comfortable, easy donning and removal at each shot, plenty of space for future experiments. Extra pockets always a plus.

Latest posts