• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Five New Candies from Yikun Discs

Shizhu

Bogey Member
%E5%BE%AE%E4%BF%A1%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87_20210319093359.jpg

:hfive::hfive:

Very cool stamps, I wish they would actually do an overstable fairway or control driver. I'm interested in the one with the spear throwing guy on it though.

The Xing disc is rated as 2 4 0 1, any difference from the Gui?

Very cool stamps, I wish they would actually do an overstable fairway or control driver. I'm interested in the one with the spear throwing guy on it though.

The only one you can't see the flight numbers for? Me too actually. :hfive:

Grabbed a Fu and it flies a lot like a slightly slower Stag, in Phoenix it is pretty domey but has a bit of turn a ton of glide and a mild fade. Rim is oddly blunt but I think it's fine in hand. Could make it hold its flight longer maybe.

I was throwing it on hyzerflip lines up to 375 backhand, pretty useful in their lineup and a bit longer than the View.

They still need an overstable fairway though.

Grabbed a Fu and it flies a lot like a slightly slower Stag, in Phoenix it is pretty domey but has a bit of turn a ton of glide and a mild fade. Rim is oddly blunt but I think it's fine in hand. Could make it hold its flight longer maybe.

I was throwing it on hyzerflip lines up to 375 backhand, pretty useful in their lineup and a bit longer than the View.

Is it basically just a longer View? The View was the disc I broke the 300' barrier with. Super fun to throw and was super glidey for a noodle arm.

Is it basically just a longer View? The View was the disc I broke the 300' barrier with. Super fun to throw and was super glidey for a noodle arm.

Yes, and I think it can take a bit more power, sort of a Leopard to Stag comparison IMO.

I wonder if they know Fu is really close to F.U.

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw that disc on Infinite.

I wonder if they know Fu is really close to F.U.

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw that disc on Infinite.

Probably, the stamp/name is supposed to be based on Kua Fu a giant that wanted to eat the sun. Maybe they thought just using the Fu part of the name was edgy?

Flies good though.

So, I got tired of waiting for a restock of what I mostly throw and spent money getting some Yikun molds to try. I have a Yan and Wei in dragon plastic, and a Gou in phoenix. How accurate are the flight numbers listed?

So, I got tired of waiting for a restock of what I mostly throw and spent money getting some Yikun molds to try. I have a Yan and Wei in dragon plastic, and a Gou in phoenix. How accurate are the flight numbers listed?

I have thrown a 169g Dragon Wei that looks like the one, below. It is very understable. If I throw it at "speed 10", it will turn over to a roller. It is my opinion that the stamp's stated flight numbers of 10/5/-2.5/2 could more accurately be given as 10/5/-4/1. The turn is real.
I like this disc for what it is for me; a roller disc, or a low effort turnover disc.

image00001a6ae14.JPG

I have also thrown a 174g Dragon Gou, like the one below. Assuming that your Phoenix Line plastic version flies something like my Dragon Line version, expect is to be a stable, glidey speed 7-8. The stamp's flight numbers for this are 8/5/-3.5/1. These are nowhere near correct. Rather, make it something like 8/5/0/2.
I like this disc quite a lot also. Maybe some day, it will battle with my currently bagged Teebirds, because it is about equivalent.

image00002f97fb0.JPG

I have not thrown a Yan yet, though I do own some in the Dragon Line and Phoenix Line plastics. Given the shape of this mold, I'm expecting it to fly something like an Innova Aero?

edit:
I should say that Yikun has been updating and improving their plastics lately, and in particular, they are producing lots more molds in premium plastics. So, the flight numbers on their discs may need be changed, since discs most often fly differently in premium plastics compared to base line plastics.

Last edited:

In my experience the discs that are billed as overstable like Crossbow, Da'E, Hammer and Yao are dead on with the numbers, but the stable to understable ones are usually a touch more understable for me than they say, but I bet for medium low arm speeds the are accurate.

IMO the Dragon plastic molds up most Os, the Gou I had was controllably understable but the Wei was basically just a backhand roller disc for me.

Have not tried a Yan yet.

Zhu weighs around 155 grams which is much lighter than regular FU discs.

Zhu weighs around 155 grams which is much lighter than regular FU discs.

Yes, for floating I imagine that would be near max weight. So my question really is I suppose, is that archived by making a very similar disc to the FU or do they make a more overstable disc that would fly close to those numbers when at that lighter weight?

Latest posts