• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Five New Candies from Yikun Discs

Yes, for floating I imagine that would be near max weight. So my question really is I suppose, is that archived by making a very similar disc to the FU or do they make a more overstable disc that would fly close to those numbers when at that lighter weight?

From my testing, Zhu has quite similar shape as Fu, and is a lot easier for beginners and 'small arms' to fly

From my testing, Zhu has quite similar shape as Fu, and is a lot easier for beginners and 'small arms' to fly

Thanks! That's very cool.

The only slot they just don't have yet in my opinion is a very overstable fairway driver. If they would do something like a Flare/Firebird their lineup would have just about everything.

Thanks! That's very cool.

The only slot they just don't have yet in my opinion is a very overstable fairway driver. If they would do something like a Flare/Firebird their lineup would have just about everything.

I am really looking forward to their new release for 2022.:hfive:

As a 68-year-old geezer, I'm loving the Shu for those finesse-oriented wooded courses I play. The Shu in Dragon plastic is like a Cobra in premium plastic. Point, shoot and GLIDE!

Yikun Qi

Couldn't find an independent thread about the Qi, so I figured I'd post here.

My knowledge of Yikun discs is very limited. The only other one I've tried prior was the Twin Swords. The Twin Swords is an overmold driver similar to something Axiom/MVP would put out. Frankly, I thought the Twin Swords sucked. It flew nothing like the flight numbers suggest, and I could find no redeeming qualities in the disc.

That brings us to the Qi. The Qi is not an overmold disc, and seems to be made out of some clear, Z/champion type plastic. The plastic itself seems nice. No durability issues.

I found the Qi to be a mess overall. The flight numbers given for the Qi are 13, 6, -2, 2. After a few throws it was readily evident that the Qi is SUBSTANTIALLY less stable than the numbers indicate. Upwind or downwind, the disc would flip over violently even when released from a pretty steep hyzer angle. Out of about 15 throws I had 0 that stayed flat enough to complete their flight.

The Qi has a decent hand feel, and I actually like the plastic. It's 171g, and pretty flat. No real dome. The disc came out of my hand well, and actually penetrated decently. It would have been a long flier if it didn't want to go dive bombing right on every toss.

The Qi's rim isn't super wide (2.3 cm), and the mold reminds me a lot of a Sorcerer based on look and feel. This isn't a very good thing, as I also found the Sorcerer to be a lousy flier. I'm not sure who would benefit from using the Qi. It's WAAAYYYY too flippy for its speed, and has absolutely 0 late stability to bring it back toward center once it flips. Half the throws I did with the Qi resulted in "throllers". The Qi is one of the flippiest drivers I've ever thrown, and even a Mamba does better at producing good lines on hard rips.

Qi: 13, 5, -5, 2. WAAAAYYYYYY too flippy to use for any sort of distance. I figured the Qi might perform downwind, but even then it wanted to flip all over the place.

Sorry, Yikun. So far you're 0/2 with me on discs. The Qi and Twin Swords suck, and there are literally a HUNDRED other similar molds that can produce the same flights, but so much better.

Couldn't find an independent thread about the Qi, so I figured I'd post here.

My knowledge of Yikun discs is very limited. The only other one I've tried prior was the Twin Swords. The Twin Swords is an overmold driver similar to something Axiom/MVP would put out. Frankly, I thought the Twin Swords sucked. It flew nothing like the flight numbers suggest, and I could find no redeeming qualities in the disc.

That brings us to the Qi. The Qi is not an overmold disc, and seems to be made out of some clear, Z/champion type plastic. The plastic itself seems nice. No durability issues.

I found the Qi to be a mess overall. The flight numbers given for the Qi are 13, 6, -2, 2. After a few throws it was readily evident that the Qi is SUBSTANTIALLY less stable than the numbers indicate. Upwind or downwind, the disc would flip over violently even when released from a pretty steep hyzer angle. Out of about 15 throws I had 0 that stayed flat enough to complete their flight.

The Qi has a decent hand feel, and I actually like the plastic. It's 171g, and pretty flat. No real dome. The disc came out of my hand well, and actually penetrated decently. It would have been a long flier if it didn't want to go dive bombing right on every toss.

The Qi's rim isn't super wide (2.3 cm), and the mold reminds me a lot of a Sorcerer based on look and feel. This isn't a very good thing, as I also found the Sorcerer to be a lousy flier. I'm not sure who would benefit from using the Qi. It's WAAAYYYY too flippy for its speed, and has absolutely 0 late stability to bring it back toward center once it flips. Half the throws I did with the Qi resulted in "throllers". The Qi is one of the flippiest drivers I've ever thrown, and even a Mamba does better at producing good lines on hard rips.

Qi: 13, 5, -5, 2. WAAAAYYYYYY too flippy to use for any sort of distance. I figured the Qi might perform downwind, but even then it wanted to flip all over the place.

Sorry, Yikun. So far you're 0/2 with me on discs. The Qi and Twin Swords suck, and there are literally a HUNDRED other similar molds that can produce the same flights, but so much better.

That really sucks that of all the decent discs they make you happen to have picked two of the ones that are super inconsistent.

The Da'E is one I would suggest. Similar to a Force or Giant and the Dragon line has always thrown the same for me.

The non-overmold mids(Yao/Kui/Crossbow) are my favorite, and the Gui and Hammer are fantastic approach discs/throwing putters.

I have thrown a 169g Dragon Wei that looks like the one, below. It is very understable. If I throw it at "speed 10", it will turn over to a roller. It is my opinion that the stamp's stated flight numbers of 10/5/-2.5/2 could more accurately be given as 10/5/-4/1. The turn is real.
I like this disc for what it is for me; a roller disc, or a low effort turnover disc.

That was my general experience with it. It turned far easier than I expected from the rating.

I have also thrown a 174g Dragon Gou, like the one below. Assuming that your Phoenix Line plastic version flies something like my Dragon Line version, expect is to be a stable, glidey speed 7-8. The stamp's flight numbers for this are 8/5/-3.5/1. These are nowhere near correct. Rather, make it something like 8/5/0/2.

I found it not to glide quite as well as expected. Speed is about right, the glide doesn't quite match, and the turn is nowhere near -3.5.

I don't think this one has a chance to make the bag, as I've other discs of similar speed that work better for me. I was really wanting a fairway that I could turn easily and have it not fade much.

I have not thrown a Yan yet, though I do own some in the Dragon Line and Phoenix Line plastics. Given the shape of this mold, I'm expecting it to fly something like an Innova Aero?

This is the mold that felt best right out of the hand. The first throw flew exactly as I wanted, a gentle turn on a stall approach and settled in without much fade and no slide. I've not thrown it on enough shapes to say how close to an Aero it is.

Recently picked up a Yao in the Phoenix Star plastic and it's pretty money. I'm not going to make any more bag changes until my last tournament this year but it could potential kick the M1 out of my bag. The combo of a broken in Tiger line and the beefy and gummy Phoenix star could work out well on that straight to fade slot.

Was on the PDGA page today and noticed a flurry of approved discs by Yikun. Looks like 7 total, one of which the Ling looks looks like a lid/ or slow putter with scales on it.

I don't know if you guys remember but Jaime had that idea for the original Scale years ago and it looks like it's finally been done. Very interesting to see.

Was on the PDGA page today and noticed a flurry of approved discs by Yikun. Looks like 7 total, one of which the Ling looks looks like a lid/ or slow putter with scales on it.

I don't know if you guys remember but Jaime had that idea for the original Scale years ago and it looks like it's finally been done. Very interesting to see.

the og scale was a ton of fun to throw

personally i aint buyin a thing from yikun but if a friend had one i would try it especially a lid

the og scale was a ton of fun to throw

personally i aint buyin a thing from yikun but if a friend had one i would try it especially a lid

Their lid is actually one of their best discs. If I'll up your way I'll bring you one lol.

has anyone tried Yikun's 7 new approved discs? personally, I am interested in the putter LING with special tooling and midrange ZHENG.

has anyone tried Yikun's 7 new approved discs? personally, I am interested in the putter LING with special tooling and midrange ZHENG.

They've been approved, but not released. There's usually a lag time of anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

A new blend Nature Line is on the way as well?

The new ones aren't for sale in the US yet but I am interested to try some of them.

Wonder what the Nature line will be? Eco plastic like hemp or flaxseed?

The new ones aren't for sale in the US yet but I am interested to try some of them.

Wonder what the Nature line will be? Eco plastic like hemp or flaxseed?

Yikun's 7 New Discs along with the New Nature line plastic are available for a CHECK

1f3ed600065884c3a3b8a77a1381d3e.jpg

63757c1d126eb499a55f521d10cf7c4.jpg

Latest posts