• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Flash Vs. AvengerSS

kcplease

Double Eagle Member
Got a flash and a cryztal avenger SS in a misprint pack today. I need a long turnover driver. Which one fits the bill better? I can't throw for about another week, just wondering. i am thorwing surges about 360 and getting better.

avenger ss, flash is fairly stable, but throw both and see wich one you like. i've never thrown a flash

It depends on how long you throw.
Assuming Z plastic in good shape, at or near max weight:
If you're throwing ~300', it would definitely be the AvengerSS.
If you are throwing out to 350-400', then the Flash would probably be better.

I say boy, A-SS is good for turnover. The Flash is basically a slightly slower Surge.

I have both in the bag. Both in ESP. A fairly beat ESP flash is a nice long turnover disc. Nice big S curves that don't get outta control with minimal wind. The ESP Avenger SS I have does Long distance annys and hyzer flips with minimal wind. I'd say the Flash is more what your looking for.

as said before, a-ss. but then again I have never thrown a flash.

Now looka here sister, do you have an Orc? Thats basically a Flash.

If you have the power you'll like the Flash better b/c it won't turn and burn, but if you perfer hyzer-flipping everything then the A-ss is the way to go.

Now why are we comparing an Orc to an Avenger SS? An Avenger SS is one of the most understable things I've ever thrown. An Orc is borderline overstable for me.

If the OP gets these discs, get them for different reasons.

I would say the Avenger SS normally, but my buddy had a cryZtal one and it was considerably more stable than my Z and FLX counterparts. The only Flash I've thrown was an ESP and sidewinder's Orc comparison is about right to me. Are the cryZtal Avenger SS's normally stable like that?

I have two Avengers in my bag. One ESP and one Z. they fly diff and I use them for diff things. For the most part the Z will fade back at the end (they are both under stable and I use them for long pulling discs). I used to cary a Flash but found that it has a very fine breaking point. In other words, if I gave the Flash just a little to much it would turn too much. If I didn't give it enough it wouldn't turn over at all. All that to say, I found the Avenger SS more fit for a pulling driver. I hope this is what you were asking and I hope it helps.
PS Avenger SS ESP 174 Z 175 and my Flash Z was a 175

I found a Flash about a year ago, no name no number. I threw it a few times and never really got the feel for it. My brother has an Avenger SS that I threw a few times and was much more reliable as a turnover disc. gotta go Avenger SS on this one.

avenger ss will make a fast roller. you might have to crank it good to get a consistent roller with the flash.

A Flash is more like a Beast

I say boy, the Beast is not as blunt on the tip and the wing is straighter compared to the Orc and Flash. The tip and wing on the Flash and Orc is nearly identical. Also look at Joe's flight chart and the numbers of the Flash and Orc are nearly identical, the Beast is close, but not as close.

Latest posts