• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Flash?

leftyone

Birdie Member
I received one of these in trade a while back, never threw it or anything but I'm starting to hear and read that it's a long flying/Mac distance disc. Anyone who throws one care to shed some light on it for me?

I received one of these in trade a while back, never threw it or anything but I'm starting to hear and read that it's a long flying/Mac distance disc. Anyone who throws one care to shed some light on it for me?

It is like a Starfire L. Or stability between a beast and orc but longer flight.

IT FLYS VERY VERY FAR. Im a discraft only thrower ive been searching for my farther disc (old champ innova orc) replacement FLASH is it it can flip it can hold it will glide all around lovely.

It's a speed ~10 distance driver that suffers from a lot of inconsistency from run to run. The "average" one will be one of the longer discs of that speed while still being relatively easy to control.

Very underrated mold. Freaky fast for a speed 10ish.

highly underrated for what it is. on hills they soar FOREVER!

^This.

I have a crystal Z Flash and that's exactly what it does. Unfortunately, I cannot throw hard enough (320' max) to fully take advatage of it's flight but it is very consistent when I am throwing good. It's not crazily overstable but just enough so that it is good in the wind. For me, very similar to a champ Beast but more glidey.

I've aced a 350' uphill hole with a Z Flash. (17 long at Lester Lorch, Beaver) So, yeah, it is not a bad frisbee.

you have a cryztal flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? is it the clear one?
I was about to say the same thing. ^^ On topic though, the Flash is a sweet disc. If I didn't throw flows, I would throw the flash for sure. The one I had for a while was super long and had great glide.

it's my main long-distance driver at this moment. not as fast as the newer discs, but the grip is sweet, which matters a lot to me. also, it's much straighter than the super-fast discs.

I got one (Z old stamp) in a trade or something and I took it out a couple months ago and was amazed by it. Its broken in, so I hyzer flip it and it goes dead nuts straight with minimal fade at the end of the flight (I'm hitting just shy of 400' on a good day with it).

The Flash is very similar to a Valkyrie or Beast. Best when thrown with slight hyzer and allowed to flip up to flat for controlled shots up to 400'. All 3 of these discs(along with the Leopard) are ideal for straight low ceiling tunnel shots on wooded courses.

You need to put some good power on it but it's a straight flying overstable disc that fades hard at the end. I like the disc but it loses too much distance when it hyzers out at the end so I switched it out for a destroyer.

I donno...Is this Cryztal Z plastic? Doesn't say anywhere on the disc I am aware of.

Attachments

• Flash 2.JPG
    Flash 2.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Flash 1.JPG
    Flash 1.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 23
no, its just z, but it is an older stamp...i used to have it until i left it at a hole :(

yea, i think the older plastic had a different formula back then so it held up much better