• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] for the love of all things not necessary: Wombat 3 is born...

I have seen more real Wombats (the small furry creatures) then I have seen Innova Wombats...

Saw a guy on the local course throw a really good shot on a technical (i.e. full of woods) hole, so I asked what the disc was. He said it was a Wombat. So they (disc Wombats) exist out there... but McBeth doesn't seem to be using one, so they must not be all that hot. ;)

Did anyone's like the regular wombat? This is a weird choice. Make a superflat FB3

Did anyone's like the regular wombat? This is a weird choice. Make a superflat FB3

Kinda... It's a really unique disc. It literally has ZERO fade even on a fairly gentle toss. Good for short shots for those of us with no flick/forehand. It has its spot but only for a couple of shots per round.

I like the Foxbat, the Wombat's beadless equivalent, better. The Wombat had its uses, though: it was good for turnover/anny shots on downhill dogleg-right holes. But it (the Wombat) was touchy, and too much power on it would be potentially disastrous.

I'm really not sure what the Wombat3 is going to be about... flat topped, sure, but where it will fit into things is going to be a big question. I guess we'll see when it comes out.

I hope they release a G* VWombat3+. Just to watch someone with a 3-digit PDGA number make a face when a noob says what he's throwing.

I hope they release a G* VWombat3+. Just to watch someone with a 3-digit PDGA number make a face when a noob says what he's throwing.

Oh man, I had a first run G*VWombat3+, that thing was money, but the production run is just too domey, amiright? Oh and the blurples came out with more speed and overstable., I will pay $50 on a Facebook auction for a blurple.

I like the Foxbat, the Wombat's beadless equivalent, better. The Wombat had its uses, though: it was good for turnover/anny shots on downhill dogleg-right holes. But it (the Wombat) was touchy, and too much power on it would be potentially disastrous.

I'm really not sure what the Wombat3 is going to be about... flat topped, sure, but where it will fit into things is going to be a big question. I guess we'll see when it comes out.
I've tried ~90% of Innova's production lineup over the past 2 years including every midrange they make. Not all of them clicked with me but at least I'd "get" how they were supposed to fly or what types of shots they were made for...except the Wombat. If all discs flew like that thing, I would've quit the sport. Just absolute garbage.

Could it be that the Wombat was an almost good disc and it was just easier to release the "3" variant than get a new disc approved?

Like others have said, the Wombat tends to turn and burn. Hopefully the W3 will correct that tendency.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Could it be that the Wombat was an almost good disc and it was just easier to release the "3" variant than get a new disc approved?

Like others have said, the Wombat tends to turn and burn. Hopefully the W3 will correct that tendency.

You're likely right about the approval.

One would think a Wombat3 would correct the Wombat's turn and burn, but the flight numbers are exactly the same (and that was not the case when the Roc3 and Mako3 came out; their numbers were different than the Roc and Mako). So I'm going to wait for some tryout videos and reports come in before I consider buying it.

I love my Wombat. Great for touch anhyzer shots, or when I want to throw something dead straight with low power. Great in the woods. But hey, that's just me!

I may have posted it earlier, but I agree with you. My Wombat was good about hitting anny lines on dogleg-right paths in the woods. I just never had enough of those shots to justify bagging it.

Latest posts