• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

Help me out here guys, I just got an Icon Patriot and was wondering what disc(s)
you would compare it to. Thanks.

I'd say my new firm blue flies like a fresh QJLS, no turn at 300' in calm winds with 10-20' fade at the very end. At 375', it'll turnover from a slight hyzer flip and fade forward right of neutral.

Mine isn't as flat as the CE Leopards I've seen... higher shoulder.

Help me out here guys, I just got an Icon Patriot and was wondering what disc(s)
you would compare it to. Thanks.

Slightly faster slightly more stable leopard. Maybe comparable to a fresh champ in max weight. I'm referring to my first(production) Icon patriots that are oh so delicious.

Here are my Legacy loot:
TPWLfHal.jpg

J62d7fjl.jpg

mVLDuzUl.jpg

I forgot what the green one is.:eek: No marking in the back except for the weight.

yeah that green or gunmetal is a legend ghost.. sweet disc.. i want it :p ... almost had my first Legacy mold ace over the weekend.. 300ft hole chained out with my Bandito :(

Thanks guys! Actually won that green Ghost (sort of). Had a little miscommunication at a raffle that Legacy did at their Ace Race a couple of years back. One of the Legacy guys gave this to me to make it right. Really cool dudes!

almost had my first Legacy mold ace over the weekend.. 300ft hole chained out with my Bandito :(

A stolen ace, ouch! Guess that disc lived up to its name. :p . I'm loving my bandit also, ian. Got a sexy legend from dehaas with the sparkliest stamp I've ever seen! My next purchase will be a Mongoose. Would be a nice snag on the PIF. *cough* :D

^^ lol :p ... yeah the mongoose is a ton of fun to throw.. even more if you enjoy throwing hyzerflips .. the Mongoose is very understable but capable of tons of fun lines.. love it here in all the carolina woods.. depending on the amount of hyzer i give it she can do all kinds of fun lines :p .. great bh roller disc too .. yeah if that Ghost ever gets out and up for grabs feel free to give me a shout :p

Slightly faster slightly more stable leopard. Maybe comparable to a fresh champ in max weight. I'm referring to my first(production) Icon patriots that are oh so delicious.

My Icon Patriots are more like a -1 HSS and then a -1 LSS at 300' fairway driver power. They just leak out understable thru the entire flight. No turn and burn. Or on a hyzerflip, they are pretty much dead straight.

For me a fresh Champ (or Star) Leopard in max weight has much more fade than my Icon Patriot ever did.

yeah that green or gunmetal is a legend ghost.. sweet disc.. i want it :p ... almost had my first Legacy mold ace over the weekend.. 300ft hole chained out with my Bandito :(

Just hit hole 8 at condon park with my super beatup excel ghost. Hyzer flip turnover through a 10ft gap off the tee from a standstill. Love that disc so much!

Just hit hole 8 at condon park with my super beatup excel ghost. Hyzer flip turnover through a 10ft gap off the tee from a standstill. Love that disc so much!

yes sir!! Yeah currently i have 2x Excel Ghosts (seasoned, and kinda seasoned), 2nd Run Pinnacle Ghost, and Gunmetal Legend Ghost in the bag and those cover all my mid shots .. have had several come close but still searching for my first Legacy Ace.. all my aces have either been innova or discraft.. mostly from when i threw discraft .. ugghh that just reminds me of how long its been since ive had an ace lol :eek:

another fun weekend chucking the Legacy .. still searching for that first Legacy mold ace .. itching for my first legACE :p ..

how does excel beat in differently than gravity? Also what are both plastics most comparable to in your opinion?

Im wondering because i have never owned an excel disc from legacy, although i do LOVE my gravity ghosts, they seem to beat in quickly.

Woooooooooo!!!

DGBM has Legend Clutches in case anyone wants one. Yes I purchased mine before posting:)

how does excel beat in differently than gravity? Also what are both plastics most comparable to in your opinion?

Im wondering because i have never owned an excel disc from legacy, although i do LOVE my gravity ghosts, they seem to beat in quickly.

excel beats in a bit quicker.. i havent tried my Gravity yet i have good lil stack but been working on beating my Excels.. they are getting there but still arent crazy flippy yet .. Moose told me i should get Gravity b/c they dont beat in as quick as Excel but i just liked the Excel plastic a lil better.. more basline ish where the Gravity.. like Teebird said is kinda JK pro ish .. the beat in difference i would assume isnt huge