• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

Is it wierd that I start humming "Eye of the Tiger" whenever anyone mentions the Rival?

Oh, here I go again.....

Yeah I should have told, controlled distance is the basic 300 ft where as my longest drives drop to 350 range. I'm not interested about the Cannon/Rampage. Maybe I'll go with the slower end stuff.

Pinnacle Ghost:

nIFyQIvl.jpg

gtMGGinl.jpg

^^^^ i can has? ... yes, please!! :thmbup: .. to stick with the theme here is my gummy, pearly, pinnacle Rival

10330306_558650564249654_5773094164078952321_n.jpg

some sick stealie dyes there. Just got sent a legacy care package from the west coast. Rival and Mongoose in kinda swirly legend plastic. Rival could kick my teebirds out in time. Mongoose is like a beat up sidewinder. Really fun hyzerflip lines in the woods. Whats next, my magnets?

Shot decent today but really well with my Icon Patriot. Dead straight at about 320. Pinnacle Rival continues to impress.I can put a lot into it and there is no turn and small fade at the end. These two discs have taken over most of my driving. But then again I only throw up to a speed 7.

Roc replaced my ghost. Threw a kc and a dx for a few rounds today, dx is working in nicely and the kc is slightly os but not beefy at all. Disappointed but also happy. Kicked the ghost out.

Legacy, please make protégé ghosts that are OS and able to be cycled. Then I'll come back.. :)

My blue pinnacle ghost is more OS than any roc i have ever thrown, then cycling gravity fills the rest of the slots.. the ghost is a 8x roc mold (rico bought this from innova im pretty sure) so you bagged a roc over a roc :D only difference is plastic, which legacy has some of the best of, imo.

Last edited:
No molds were bought from Innova. That's just disc golf lore. They made the mold from scratch, with plenty of influence from the roc

My blue pinnacle ghost is more OS than any roc i have ever thrown, then cycling gravity fills the rest of the slots.. the ghost is a 8x roc mold (rico bought this from innova im pretty sure) so you bagged a roc over a roc :D only difference is plastic, which legacy has some of the best of, imo.

I did not bag a roc over a roc. I know the deal about legacy ' s molds and what they are based off of. The current Roc and ghost fly differently. Don't care about old boutique throwback molds. I like current Rocs, which the ghost is not. The pinnacle ghost is somewhat os, I know, I throw and own one as my bookend for my ghost trio. But I don't want that slippery, greasy-ass plastic in my mids. I want to cycle them like I was doing with my ghosts. The kc pro roc flies very similar to a pinnacle ghost, just slower.

If legacy can make a decently overstable ghost in protégé I will probably put them back. I would say the gravity ghosts are most comparable to a slightly worn dx roc in flight with better plastic. Excel is junk imo. So is this dx, but I like the flight better.

Last edited:
fwiw I LOVE my Excel ghosts and are seasoning very very well .. no hunks, or chunks just taking a nice beating.. very very versatile in the woods .. give it some hyzer and watch it go .. but yeah sorry to hear the Ghosts didnt work for ya but to each their own just find what works best for you.. i havent had any grpp issues with my pinnacles but i too prefer baseline mids but LOVE the way the excels have been breaking in.. i was a HUGE roc guy would carry 5-6 various kc or dx in the bag for years but after the Ghost they have ALL been sold lol ..

I initially had issues with the feeling of pinnacle plastic as well but after a few rounds, it seems to wear off. Now the grip is great and the plastic is still stiff.

I love the gummy Pinnacle, but the normal stuff is too slick for me. Even the flat aqua ghost I've got, which is the closest to a gummy ghost I've seen, just can't pass muster. I really only need three ghosts or Rocs, which is why I really need one that can bring some beef to the table.

I was a little harsh yesterday; i should've explained myself. excel is definitely better than dx but the ghosts I've thrown in excel all started with a big dome and turn. Flatter ghosts are great, I specifically hunt them because they start off with more stability and a higher plh. It seems easier to find them like that in gravity, and I think gravity is pretty much the perfect midrange plastic.

Legacy hooked me up with a free Legend Patriot...how do these suckers fly? I don't feel like reading through the whole Patriot thread because I doubt I'll ever throw one but IIRC they're a slightly understable fairway driver. Sure I could test it myself but if I do end up getting rid of her I'd rather it be 10/10. I saw the few comments in the Crave/Patriot thread but there's so little info there I'd like to hear some more from you guys.

(I'm about to power wash this weekend, don't judge my deck! :)):
PR03o2L.jpg

I can't help you much as I haven't thrown my Legends, but the slimes have PLHs that match my Icons which I love. They're great line shapers.