• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

What do the not quite FAF pinnacle patriots fly like? I'm mildly tempted by this sale to grab one or two of the lighter ones.

Got my DN haul in today, really like everything i got. The rivals were nothing new as i have thrown them before and get more distance than a teebird with them. The ghosts fly just my roc3's with a tad more glide and lil more dome. Patriot is money and the gauge is nice as well. A little shocked at how much dome the pinnacle gauges have. It flew like it should tho so thats what matters.

Got my DN haul in today, really like everything i got. The rivals were nothing new as i have thrown them before and get more distance than a teebird with them. The ghosts fly just my roc3's with a tad more glide and lil more dome. Patriot is money and the gauge is nice as well. A little shocked at how much dome the pinnacle gauges have. It flew like it should tho so thats what matters.

To be honest, when I got the FR Gauge, I did not like how domey it was. It is bagged, but to be honest, I find myself not using it as much as I thought I would. For the most part, my gravity or pinn ghost does my mid-range duties. I've been throwing the Patroits more and more lately and they are growing on me. Bamba was the one who initially told me to give it a try, that I would like it.

To be honest, when I got the FR Gauge, I did not like how domey it was. It is bagged, but to be honest, I find myself not using it as much as I thought I would. For the most part, my gravity or pinn ghost does my mid-range duties. I've been throwing the Patroits more and more lately and they are growing on me. Bamba was the one who initially told me to give it a try, that I would like it.

my pinn gauges are laser straight, which is what it is superior at i think, sometimes i use it for a forward penetrating hyzer. but everything else is my ghosts, hard fade with the legend, moderate fade with the icon, and the turnovers with beat gravity are predictable as i could ask for.

Been using my icon clutch a LOT the past couple weeks though and i cant beleive how amazing of a driving/approach/midrange putter it is, had some hard fade to it at first, but that has turned into a smooth predictable slow fade that still doesnt turn over at high speeds, can't imagine how noce one of these would be in legend plastic, OMG.

And now the Outlaw on the way, my Destroyer is begging to not get kicked out of the house.

Tried the ol' hot water trick to flatten it out. It worked nicely ;)

my FR Icon Gauge is pretty flat.. i mean prob mild dome.. my Pinnacle does have a bit more dome but i havent tossed it yet.. I LOVE my Icon though.. thing is Magical!

My two FR Icon Gauge are FAF. My Pinnacle was domey as all get out until I put a little boiling water in it. And I just snagged another Icon Gauge the other day, but it is domey like the pinnacles have been :gross: Looks like another hot water treatment is in order. The flat Gauges fly a very consistent line for me, but the domey one's give me all sorts of issues.

I have pink and red FR Icons, and the red has more dome than pink. Pink isn't what I would consider flat though. My pink and purple Pinnacles all have domes similar to red.

boil water.... put frisbee upside down on counter..... pooring boiling water into frisbee... put cookie sheet on top of said frisbee then bowling ball in bag...... let sit for 5 or 10 mins....... poor water out.... stick into fridge for 10 mins. pull out icy cold flatness.. YAAAY

I also did it to my pinnacle ghosts and now have a roc3-like profile. Love it.

The only problem is sometimes there is too much plastic to flatten and you end up with clovering.

Yea ive had that happen before with MD2's and an M3. Been lucky with the Legacy discs so far

The only problem is sometimes there is too much plastic to flatten and you end up with clovering.

If this happens, then poor boiling water in again, but don't put anything on top of it. It tends to allow the plastic to reform and put a tiny bit of dome back into the disc.

Luckily, I have a plastic bowl that when you put a disc on it dome side down, there is about 1/16th of inch lip hanging over. So I can pour hot water back into the disc and reshape the dome.

Just do not apply weight, repeat the water trick without weight if you want to but if you apply weight sometimes the dome caves, 'cloves' or bad things can happen.

Pretty sure its not legal, or at least probably not ethical to do this as you are altering the original flight of the disc in a non-natural way, but whatever no one could possibly know for sure or call you out without proof which is impossible to get because discs can have variation anyways.

I have never done this to a Legacy disc anyways, they have good variation between plastics to get the flight i want and i have been happy with the way their discs are out of the box.

my FR Icon Gauge is pretty flat.. i mean prob mild dome.. my Pinnacle does have a bit more dome but i havent tossed it yet.. I LOVE my Icon though.. thing is Magical!

My FR Pinn Ghosts had a dent, rather than dome, lol. I love those discs so much though. I have bag more icon plastic, I tend to bag Pinns because they just look so darn good!

Legend Rival came in today. Disc looks and feels so nice. Can't wait to get some throws in with it tomorrow.

Latest posts