• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

My favorite stock stamp ever

DSC01876.jpg

i think it might have been like 96'-99'? my dad got a first run dx teebird back in ~96' im guessing that was before they had this design?

Pardon the crappy picture, too excited that my new SB 11x Teebird arrived !! Here's the 11x collection so far, all max weight minus the blueberry.

For the Teebird enthusiasts out there: does anyone use Teebirds as their only driver mold?

I'm currently thinking about going to three molds - one putter (Rhyno), one mid (Roc), one driver (working on that one). For drivers, I like to have some options from all the way from really overstable to something that will hold or make a slight turn (RHBH). From reading about Teebirds, it looks like they could be the trick and could fill all those slots by varying the level of beatness, weight, and plastic. A beefy Champ in max weight and a pair of DX's, one seasoned and one beat (unsure of weights), to handle all three of those roles.

Currently I throw a stable Cyclone, slightly overstable Cyclone, and a Firebird to fill those three slots. All are at or almost at max weight. I'm currently beating in a 170 DX Teebird to see how it fits into my bag. Thoughts?

For the Teebird enthusiasts out there: does anyone use Teebirds as their only driver mold?

I'm currently thinking about going to three molds - one putter (Rhyno), one mid (Roc), one driver (working on that one). For drivers, I like to have some options from all the way from really overstable to something that will hold or make a slight turn (RHBH). From reading about Teebirds, it looks like they could be the trick and could fill all those slots by varying the level of beatness, weight, and plastic. A beefy Champ in max weight and a pair of DX's, one seasoned and one beat (unsure of weights), to handle all three of those roles.

Currently I throw a stable Cyclone, slightly overstable Cyclone, and a Firebird to fill those three slots. All are at or almost at max weight. I'm currently beating in a 170 DX Teebird to see how it fits into my bag. Thoughts?

As much as I hate to admit it to the detriment of some stellar Lat64 plastic in my bag, my main driver is the Teebird. I have a DX and a Champ and love them both. Similarly, I have 2 Rhynos for driving and putting as well in DX and Champ. However, my mids are Fuse and Pain from Lat64.

You'll love the Teebird, guaranteed.

I have been playing for a long time, but I always was a poor man's DG player only ever throwing DX Stingrays, Rams, Vipers, Eagles and a putter until this year when I finally decided to get into all this fan-dangled new plastic.

I got what I thought was a Teebrid, but was labeled as a Champ Teebird-L which I guess is a completely different disc a TL from a tourney I played so it don't have the normal stamp to tell me exactly what it is. If I was to buy the same disc I would be looking for a Champ TL right?

I am glad I found this site as I am learning so dang much. My buddy freakin loves Teebirds and I thought I was throwing the same thing. Mine I can throw straight, slight left or right turn (300+ FT) or nice hyzer (240-260 FT) with only the hyzer line getting any kind of fade at the end unless I sky the thing. Only thing I can't do with it is a big anny as it wants to dive on me which I wouldn't use it for that anyway.

P.S. sorry for thread jacking, thought is was an appropriate thread to ask.

I'm sorry. No disc is worth $122. I feel bad if I pay more than $15 for a disc.

BTW, that blue pearly champ Teebird is super sexy!

yeah that is a sweet one but wow.. i have this one i have been debating on selling..

Attachments

• totem tb.jpg
    totem tb.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 117
I have been playing for a long time, but I always was a poor man's DG player only ever throwing DX Stingrays, Rams, Vipers, Eagles and a putter until this year when I finally decided to get into all this fan-dangled new plastic.

I got what I thought was a Teebrid, but was labeled as a Champ Teebird-L which I guess is a completely different disc a TL from a tourney I played so it don't have the normal stamp to tell me exactly what it is. If I was to buy the same disc I would be looking for a Champ TL right?
I am glad I found this site as I am learning so dang much. My buddy freakin loves Teebirds and I thought I was throwing the same thing. Mine I can throw straight, slight left or right turn (300+ FT) or nice hyzer (240-260 FT) with only the hyzer line getting any kind of fade at the end unless I sky the thing. Only thing I can't do with it is a big anny as it wants to dive on me which I wouldn't use it for that anyway.

P.S. sorry for thread jacking, thought is was an appropriate thread to ask.

Yes & maybe!! Most CFR TLs I've seen are non + mold, Champ TLs off the shelf are + mold, the stamp even says it. Some people say the + mold is more stable, no clue if it really is. I have a + mold Teebird from a tourney & it just never felt right

yeah that is a sweet one but wow.. i have this one i have been debating on selling..

:eek:

I'm sending you the dry cleaning bill for my 100% silk underbritches!

Or just let me know when you are selling it on the market!

Latest posts