• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I bought a reddish pink 170g Star Teebird from OTB a while back. It has a 2019 SFO stamp on it, and has quite the pop-top to it.. major dome.

Anyways, it doesn't fly anywhere near as stable as my Avery Jenkins Star Teebird or my 2020 Jennifer Allen champ glow teebird. I prefer the flatter profile for feel as well. The pop-top SFO teebird will demonstrate more glide and even some slight turn if you really rip it flat, plus will turnover completely but never burn into substantial headwinds (10-15mph).

It's a nice general usage flight path, but IMO a Teebird is supposed to be for shots where you need dependable flights that predictably fly straight then fade out.

These are Jen Allen 2020s. They are all going back. It was just gross looking at the dome.

Anyone have an opinion on domey teebirds? I got some color glows and they have a heartbeat. So much dome that I am thinking about returning them.

Just saw my post count. Nice

More turn and glide would be my guess. That isn't really what most people use 'birds for.

In my experience, for Teebirds the dome does not directly effect the stability, but the PLH is directly connected to the HSS. Oftentimes more dome means lower PLH and flat means high PLH, but not in all cases. Compare the PLH and you'll know how much high-speed turn they will have.

In my experience, for Teebirds the dome does not directly effect the stability, but the PLH is directly connected to the HSS. Oftentimes more dome means lower PLH and flat means high PLH, but not in all cases. Compare the PLH and you'll know how much high-speed turn they will have.

Good point about PLH. I already sent them back. It's a shame because I would like to support Jennifer. The amount of dome looked so weird on a fairway. Oh well.

Just curious, are you fine with control and distance drivers being domey? I'll go out on a limb and assume you don't mind domey mids.

I would take dome on a Force/Scorp/Destroyer/Wraith. Don't mind a pop top/heartbeat. Anything slower than that with a pop top/heartbeat I will avoid.

I like dome on mids (Roc/Comet) but not a heart beat. Three putt put it pretty nice. Should be some dome, but if you hold the disc on the edges and push the flight plate with your thumb, you should not hear it.

I would take dome on a Force/Scorp/Destroyer/Wraith. Don't mind a pop top/heartbeat. Anything slower than that with a pop top/heartbeat I will avoid.

I like dome on mids (Roc/Comet) but not a heart beat. Three putt put it pretty nice. Should be some dome, but if you hold the disc on the edges and push the flight plate with your thumb, you should not hear it.

Me too.

Dunno about JA Teebirds much, but my domey pre-AJ Teebirds were all late-turning dreams. Actually, they're quite nice and easy to throw.

I've noticed domey star Teebird3s are basically Banshees.

Anyone else like the idea of replacing the Teebird in their bag with something sexier, but end up back with Ol' Reliable?

I wanted to switch to the retooled FD2s, which have a decent flight, flat top and that smooth FD-esque lower wing, but they just aren't... teebirds!

I was the ******* that was too cool for Teebirds for 15ish years? Beaded midranges too. No I don't carry a Roc cycle but I do have Teebirds, Wasps, and Comets in my bag.

Hindsight and all that:doh:

EDIT: to answer your question no, never have. Once they finally entered my bag I'll never switch for something else!

Anyone else like the idea of replacing the Teebird in their bag with something sexier, but end up back with Ol' Reliable?

I wanted to switch to the retooled FD2s, which have a decent flight, flat top and that smooth FD-esque lower wing, but they just aren't... teebirds!

I dunno, the pearly champ TL3's are pretty money...

I go luster L3, pearly champ TL3, and royal rage FD2 as my fairway setup.

4 years ago or there-about I switched out my all Innova rig for MVP. While I think there is something to the science - for me it's been mostly successful in the slower speeds. The drivers have been a mixed bag. I'm throwing the Wave / Crave at the moment - but I can't say I'm fond of either. I need to get back to the Bird.

4 years ago or there-about I switched out my all Innova rig for MVP. While I think there is something to the science - for me it's been mostly successful in the slower speeds. The drivers have been a mixed bag. I'm throwing the Wave / Crave at the moment - but I can't say I'm fond of either. I need to get back to the Bird.

I used to throw Craves like a madman, the "plus" style rim they and most Euro plastic have bug me though. I don't judge hyzerflips as well as I'd like, and as a BH dominant player it down right screws with my forehand.

Still carry one or two in my big bag (very rarely use ot at this point in my DG career)

Latest posts