• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I was the ******* that was too cool for Teebirds for 15ish years? Beaded midranges too. No I don't carry a Roc cycle but I do have Teebirds, Wasps, and Comets in my bag.

Damnit! I have a Teebird, 2 Wasp's and a Comet in my bag right now. I think I might wanna be like you when I grow up :D

Can anyone educate me on a particular run? I just bought a twelve time champ teebird, (on its way) it has Climo but no flight numbers, as well as patent numbers. The stamp looks like the 11x but says twelve time. Thanks for any info.

Those were the opaque run around the time of the 11-12X stamp change. It's a CA TeeBird, and at one time, everyone disliked the opaques in favor of the candy 11X CALs. There were complaints of having some turn, but I think that's more because they were more of a current run, and the stamp said "Twelve" instead of "Eleven". Today, there's a lot of love for these. I carried a mix of both CAL and CA from this time period, and my favorite was the 12X. The candy was flatter, but they both flew similar lines for my noodle arm.

I've been thinking about putting a TeeBird back in the bag. The 12X will be the one that's re-bagged.

Last edited:
Those were the opaque run around the time of the 11-12X stamp change. It's a CA TeeBird, and at one time, everyone disliked the opaques in favor of the candy 11X CALs. There were complaints of having some turn, but I think that's more because they were more of a current run, and the stamp said "Twelve" instead of "Eleven". Today, there's a lot of love for these. I carried a mix of both CAL and CA from this time period, and my favorite was the 12X. The candy was flatter, but they both flew similar lines for my noodle arm.

I've been thinking about putting a TeeBird back in the bag. The 12X will be the one that's re-bagged.

That's what I wanted to know! Thanks!

I was just thinking about this the other day. When Jolly Launcher came out I was an immediate fan along with everyone else. But now I kind of wish I had a stack from the old opaque run, because the JL just takes so damn long to beat in. The opaque 12x beat in to straight in a season, which is a good thing in my book.

I was just thinking about this the other day. When Jolly Launcher came out I was an immediate fan along with everyone else. But now I kind of wish I had a stack from the old opaque run, because the JL just takes so damn long to beat in. The opaque 12x beat in to straight in a season, which is a good thing in my book.

If I ever get off my ass and start liquidating (like I've been talking about doing for years), most of my TeeBirds will be on the market. I collected my stack of throwers from this era.

If I ever get off my ass and start liquidating (like I've been talking about doing for years), most of my TeeBirds will be on the market. I collected my stack of throwers from this era.

Dude! Now is the time. I've been auctioning discs on fb and it is insane what people are paying. Kinda of a perfect storm of supply shortage/bunch of new players.

Dibs

I've got an opaque 12x (got it in 2017ish?) And it flies dead straight. If I ever lose it I'll probably have to add a fresh Leopard3 there because I can't get another TeeBird that broken in.

So is the TB3 even necessary? The only one I have is the Halo to slot between my Teebirds and my flat Firebird.

Is there anything even different about them? My Champ TeeBirds seem to be plenty flat as it is

Stopping by (yet again) to proclaim my love for DX 'Birds, this time to praise its abilities as a roller disc. Cracked the 500' mark on flat ground for the first time today. There are likely molds out there that can get better max roller D but man, a beat DX TB is so darn predictable and controllable. It will cut, ride straight and turn all of the way over so well. The same disc is also such a blast to rip on howling tailwind shots.

I dunno what's sexier than a Jennifer Allen tour series stamp. The 2020 glow one is sick.

This dye job perhaps? Looks fantastic while glowing too. Shoutout to SportySpinsDiscs on Etsy.

This thing is flat too - looks just like my favorite Teebird3. Flies nice, glidey, and overstable.

Attachments

• JATeebird.jpg
    JATeebird.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 57
Anyone have an opinion on domey teebirds? I got some color glows and they have a heartbeat. So much dome that I am thinking about returning them.

Just saw my post count. Nice

just as stable as the rest once seasoned will be a very far flying disc

Had some funny money burning a hole in my pocket and picked up a swirly 2021 Jen Allen Teebird. Figured I might as well give the Teebird another try for this slot. Anybody thrown one of these? There's still way too much slush on the ground here to risk throwing mine yet.

I have one coming in within the next couple of days. Based on OTB's description they're domier than the 2020 run? I'm not sure I'd like that, but I will find out.

I have one on the shelf, waiting for the snow to melt some more here as well.

Also because I can't give up my never ending quest to replace the DX teebird with something in premium plastic I have a Matt Bell Pipeline on standby and just picked up one of the Andrew Marwede I blend centurians.

I expect both of those will occupy space in my bag for a month or so before I give up and revert back to that sweet magical perfectly beat in DX teebird.