• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Anyone thrown the Echo Star Teebirds much? They have them for 8 bucks a pop for an F2 at the Proshop and I decided to snag one so I could get the 10% discount at 5 F2 discs. (Also picked up a Blizz Pig, Blizz Condor in 150 class, and a couple Pro Leo backups.)

Been throwing the regular Star and Champ birds for a few years now but never tried an Echo.

Anyone thrown the Echo Star Teebirds much? They have them for 8 bucks a pop for an F2 at the Proshop and I decided to snag one so I could get the 10% discount at 5 F2 discs. (Also picked up a Blizz Pig, Blizz Condor in 150 class, and a couple Pro Leo backups.)

Been throwing the regular Star and Champ birds for a few years now but never tried an Echo.

I cycle Echo Teebirds for my stable-understable fairway slot. The only difference between STAR and EchoStar is that Echostar beats in quicker. I bag a Champ, STAR, and EchoStar to cover the majority of lines. I also carry an S-PD and Underworld to cover any other situation.

Here's a pic of my flock
From top to bottom
Glo Bird - Blue Champ
3 Star Birds
3 Orange Champ Birds
Ace Cal Bird - Yellow Champ - Cal Bird II

I throw an Echo Star in my bag occasionally when I know the course will require a lot of hyzer flip shots. It's true, they do beat in quicker than Star. Good grip though. Word to the wise: Echo Star Teebirds tend to run on the domey side.

Is there a good consensus on the order of (over)stability between the current Teebird runs? It appears it goes, all other things being equal Brinster JL > AJ Marbled Star > production Champ (JL)/Star/DX. Correct?

The Echo Stars fit somewhere in there too. :)

My Echo Star TeeBird 168g is beefy as heck. I can anny flex it out to 350; can't imaging flipping it. I break it out when it's windy.

ugh

I have a 134 and it's not as bad as you would think but it's so light that I'm having trouble. I'm trying to use it for standstill shots.

I think 150 would have been better.

I think it'd be great, actually. As long as its stable like a 150 Star, it'll just go.

I love star teebirds but I have never tried a 150

I think I'm just too used to throwing heavy discs and the 130 is tough to adapt to.

Can anyone compare a 150 star and starlite?