• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

finally found a first run regular innova 'star' designed echo teebird headed my way. don't see many of these around anywhere. (pic jacked from clearwater)

tb_zps6700776c.jpg

also, am not a fan of the new echo star graphics on the teebird - yet. it might grow on me later.

tbecho_zpsd978712a.jpg

I want to hear about DX Teebirds. Do you carry them? How do they fly compared to Star and Champ? I have thrown many Teebirds but never a DX. I was thinking I could carry one for anhyzer fairway shots instead of shaping my Valk all the time.

I will sometimes toss a dx teebird in my bag. It's easy to throw. I guess the ones I have feel like star teebirds with more glide for me.

Once they get beat in they can be hyzer flipped pretty easily.

I should probably just cycle dx birds instead of always searching for specific star or champ ones I like. Dx just gets beat so fast that I never want to deal with it.

finally found a first run regular innova 'star' designed echo teebird headed my way. don't see many of these around anywhere. (pic jacked from clearwater)

tb_zps6700776c.jpg

also, am not a fan of the new echo star graphics on the teebird - yet. it might grow on me later.

tbecho_zpsd978712a.jpg

nice disc in the first pic

I think the new echo is streets ahead of that old lame version.

The new Echo graphics are a bit jumbled. All these different fonts and sizes makes it a bit messy.

Like the Cleaner and Classic look.

I want to hear about DX Teebirds. Do you carry them? How do they fly compared to Star and Champ? I have thrown many Teebirds but never a DX. I was thinking I could carry one for anhyzer fairway shots instead of shaping my Valk all the time.
DX Teebirds have more glide than their Star or Champ counterparts, just as you would expect.

When seasoned, throw them with a little hyzer, they flip flat and fly dead-nuts straight (or may drift right) and then depending on how much height to you give them, fade out or die straight ahead. They're not really a disc to throw on an anhyzer because you'll over cook then and they'll burn into the ground. They will turn late (as opposed to early like a Leo would) if you need them to finish right.

I throw dx teebirds like champ tl's but with more nose-down because they actually glide. Champ tl's fsot btw.

I put a fresh DX in my bag today. My back was nagging me so I wasn't throwing super strong, but it was holding up to some wind and flying fine in the 300' range. Good glide, less fade than my star and way less fade than my champs... but I got some beefy champs.

I fly a Champ, two Stars and a DX. Gives me everything I need in a Teebird! I have to be careful (clean) with the DX, but boy does it go!

When I threw a Teebird I only used it as a Stable Fairway driver. I could always depend on it to go left.

I've never tried breaking them in and getting different flights out of one before.

This is something I've been curious about. If I was to get some Teebirds,which discs in my bag could you see it replacing?

If I was to get some Teebirds,how many would I need and what plastic? 3 to cover all areas or more?

I've been wanting to ask this question for a while it's just I kept forgetting about it.

I was looking at used teebirds and someone was selling a pre-flight for $20 that is more than a new star teebird. What makes the pre-flight different than the stock teebirds. The only star teebirds i have thrown are some i got from a tourney so i have no idea what run they are but what should I look for to find a similar flight?

The Freak and Teebird are similar for me but that may not be the case for you. I can usually get the PD out further but some of my beat up teebirds can really glide and are more useful than my S-line PD.

I love star teebirds but I'm not as crazy about the newer ones I have tried except the AJ version. I feel like they have a ton of control and just keep going further and further the more they season. They usually leave my bag once they start turning left too much.

I also carry a glow champ and 11x to go along with the stars. My hyzer flip/big anhyzer teebird is a beat up old pro (at least I think it's a pro teebird).

I guess you could grab one of the new Brinster teebirds for overstable, maybe a star for normal fairway shots, and start beating up a DX to eventually flip.

I've haven't done this yet but I will probably start cycling dx teebirds when I run out of old stars. They don't cost that much and a new DX teebird is really nice to throw.

I was looking at used teebirds and someone was selling a pre-flight for $20 that is more than a new star teebird. What makes the pre-flight different than the stock teebirds. The only star teebirds i have thrown are some i got from a tourney so i have no idea what run they are but what should I look for to find a similar flight?

Not sure but I do prefer the feel of the older star plastic to what I have been finding recently.

They're just trying to take advantage of the pre flight craze and sell at a premium price. All of the newer star teebirds I've seen have been pretty domey, but I've seen plenty of domey ones without flight numbers.

The Freak and Teebird are similar for me but that may not be the case for you. I can usually get the PD out further but some of my beat up teebirds can really glide and are more useful than my S-line PD.

I love star teebirds but I'm not as crazy about the newer ones I have tried except the AJ version. I feel like they have a ton of control and just keep going further and further the more they season. They usually leave my bag once they start turning left too much.

I also carry a glow champ and 11x to go along with the stars. My hyzer flip/big anhyzer teebird is a beat up old pro (at least I think it's a pro teebird).

I guess you could grab one of the new Brinster teebirds for overstable, maybe a star for normal fairway shots, and start beating up a DX to eventually flip.

I've haven't done this yet but I will probably start cycling dx teebirds when I run out of old stars. They don't cost that much and a new DX teebird is really nice to throw.

Thanks for the Info.

The Local Walgreens has some DX,Star and Champion on their racks. I may go check them out tomorrow.

hey guys. i saw some new echostar birds and it got me thinking. i was hunting today for some of the rock-hard slick rivals with the high PLH because now that i have more distance, i see real value in a dedicated fairway mold in addition to something longer like my PD and destroyers, ESPECIALLY where long upshots are concerned. i want to use rivals for all fairway duties, but it might prove difficult since only those specific rivals i've seen are truly OS.

these echostar 'birds felt pretty sweet in hand; not domey or unnatural feeling. on a good rip the rival will go out to 360, sometimes farther. it is a very "line-holding" type disc which i like. i suppose i could get a dx teebird and start working it in tandem with the echostar and then pick up a champ?

Latest posts