• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I would be fine just using my various PD if they season to straight. My rival is very point and shoot. Hardly any lateral movement. My SPD is still moderately over stable no what. My PPD has significant high speed turn on a full drive. So I thought something slower and more controlled, less prone to fade would be good. I could probably power down my PPD for that shot.

I would be fine just using my various PD if they season to straight. My rival is very point and shoot. Hardly any lateral movement. My SPD is still moderately over stable no what. My PPD has significant high speed turn on a full drive. So I thought something slower and more controlled, less prone to fade would be good. I could probably power down my PPD for that shot.

I actually want to get some P-PD's for this reason.

a new Teebird will have a decent amount of fade

Like many others, I love Teebirds. I currently bag four Teebirds all Champ. I carry a
Brinster, 11x Cal. & two 12x Teebirds. I like to cycle discs (I cycle Rocs & Destroyers) so I've been thinking about cycling Star Teebirds. Anyone cycle Star Teebirds? How do you like it? Do you use Echo or normal Star?

Last edited:
Like many others, I love Teebirds. I currently bag four Teebirds all Champ. I carry a
Brinster, 11x Cal. & two 12x Teebirds. I like to cycle discs (I cycle Rocs & Destroyers) so I've been thinking about cycling Star Teebirds. Anyone cycle Star Teebirds? How do you like it? Do you use Echo or normal Star?

I use echo teebirds since the beat in pretty fast and are pretty flat. It took me about 4 months to get my echo star beat in enough to take my leopard out of the bag. And I've got a second one I've been working as a backup and it's seasoning nicely.

I have read here and there that they have joller launcher teebirds in stock stamp now. Are these anywhere near a brintster? I could handle something a little more flexible, but I want about 5 more discs identical to the 171 brinster in my bag right now. Best disc I have bought in years. All my others are in 175 and are too heavy for me. I would love to find a 169 or 170 even.

I use echo teebirds since the beat in pretty fast and are pretty flat. It took me about 4 months to get my echo star beat in enough to take my leopard out of the bag. And I've got a second one I've been working as a backup and it's seasoning nicely.

Good to hear, I'm definitely gonna have to get myself some echo star teebirds :thmbup:

I have read here and there that they have joller launcher teebirds in stock stamp now. Are these anywhere near a brintster? I could handle something a little more flexible, but I want about 5 more discs identical to the 171 brinster in my bag right now. Best disc I have bought in years. All my others are in 175 and are too heavy for me. I would love to find a 169 or 170 even.

I haven't seen a stock stamp JL teebird. I have emailed a few online stores and they also don't have any.

EBay searches have come up empty as well. I'm not on there every second but I usually browse through the birds a couple of times per week.

It's possible they exist without the Brinster stamp but I still have yet to see any pics, even though I asked. Maybe some people are confused about JL plastic or maybe I've just had crap luck in my search.

What do you like about your brinster? I have a few but I'm not in love yet. Although my pink one has got me a couple of aces. I do agree that the 175 is a bit much for me as well.

If you really like the 171, you may as well just stock up. The one or two gram difference can't matter that much. Like would you even be able to tell without looking?

I've seen some stock stamped JL teebirds.. Just gotta check the stock at local stores, your best bet is gonna be identifying them in person.

I haven't seen a stock stamp JL teebird. I have emailed a few online stores and they also don't have any.

EBay searches have come up empty as well. I'm not on there every second but I usually browse through the birds a couple of times per week.

It's possible they exist without the Brinster stamp but I still have yet to see any pics, even though I asked. Maybe some people are confused about JL plastic or maybe I've just had crap luck in my search.

What do you like about your brinster? I have a few but I'm not in love yet. Although my pink one has got me a couple of aces. I do agree that the 175 is a bit much for me as well.

If you really like the 171, you may as well just stock up. The one or two gram difference can't matter that much. Like would you even be able to tell without looking?

I bought a 175 from play it again when the brinster released. They only ever had 175's in stock there and that was the only place I have fouind them. I threw that for a couple of weeks and never could get the right release for it not to meathook on me more often than not.

The reason I wanted to like it so much is that I have one 11x teebird (168g) that is my money disc for most shots over 300, but it is all but dead. Totally understable if I crank it and super inked up. The brinster has a bit more dome and is stiffer, but it holds the same line shape when I need a low fairway shot. I can shape it the same with a left or right back hand, and I know it won't roll or go understable unless I f--k up so bad that any disc would.

Anyway, I traded off the 175 brinster for the 171, and after breaking it in from a few months of regular play, I get just as much out of it as my regular 12x champs and my 11x (when it acted right) but it is much more predictable. Occasionally I release late on my 12x's and get a long right anhyzer that goes way too far. This disc just refuses to do that.

Anyway, I just spent the last of the credits I had at the factory store. I ordered 3 170-172 brinsters and 2 of the heavier, but I asked for theam all to be as light as possible. Now I should have at least three good throwers in the right range, plus 3 175's or so to keep around for trading or sale later. I hgot two from the factory store in August that are sweet but also 175, prism stamped and black plastic. Sooooooo sweet.

The dome on my brinsters still bothers me a bit. They aren't as flat as my 11x. I really would like a lower weight JL or a few more brinsters at 171 but I hate the shipping price.

Yup, I always order over 75 dollars worth to get the free shipping. (I go in with friends or get extras of the discs I know I can trade or will gain value) I am not too fond of the dome, but the more I handle the disc, it is like I am getting a crush on it or something lol. First not-flat-top disc I have really loved. I just can't argue with the accuracy of it. It fits right in line with other discs like this for me. I have discmania p3 putters, heavy roc and roc3 mids, the brinster fairway, and old stable orcs or pro wraiths as my main straight line to stable line shot discs. At each max distance, these discs all have the greatest amount of predictable stability and fade versus glide to get me where I need to go in most conditions. I use a few less- and more stable discs in each part of my bag too, but those are my meat n potatoes.

I just bought a CFR Jolly Launcher Teebird this past weekend. 175 grams. The plastic looks and feels the same as my Roc3, Tern, Mako3 and Shark3. Slightly gummy and see through. I've also seen CFR Teebirds that are made from the same plastic as 3rd Run C-PDs and flat C-FDs. They are stiff and pearly. Both types of Teebirds have a mild dome and fly like good overstable Champ 'birds. Me likey!

So after playing a local tourney this weekend and getting in some rounds today, I think I'll have a spot in the bag for my new E* teebird with the totem T on it.

I already bag a beat beat 11x kcpro that has gentle turn with no fade for as far as I can throw it... about 330 feet, and one of those weird early 12x on the 11x plastic that is pretty beefy. I have been wanting something between the my current teebirds stability wise. I cant trust my 11x to fade at all and I can't always work the fade on my beefier bird.

So I got the new E* bird. I previously had a 150 class E* that was firebird stable and was really no use to me. The current E* is 169. Little bit lighter than I would have liked but whatever. So after 5 round and 2 days of field work my E* is pretty stable. I can flex it and it will gently turn but still reliably fade out. I sanded down the flashing a bit when I got it to speed up the break in process. I feel like the E* is a bit more stable than a regular star teebird. All in all, with a little more breaking in this will be exactly what Ive been looking for.

Thanks Lucas.
What else do we know about the new look echo teebirds? I'm curious about dome and grip and such. How do the compare to the old E*s?

Last edited:

I'm not sure about stock stamp JL teebirds since I haven't seen any recently. However, new CFR teebirds are definitely JL plastic and are in the Brinster TB mold. I'm sure you could find some light CFR teebirds fairly easily and you won't even need to pay for Factory Store shipping!

Latest posts