• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

forehand vs backhand

Well- rounded!

Having all shots will make you a better player. Dont give up on anything! Instead, add everything! All shots will be useful in some situation. I started out BH & could not throw for poop! I tried a FH shot one day & it worked pretty well. I just used the FH shot for a long time, got pretty good with it & then later decided to try & develop my BH. I've now got a pretty good BH & FH. Then I have to ask myself, what's next? thumbers, rollers, etc! That is the cool part of this game. You learn all different shots that you may not have even thought of yet!

i primarily throw a forehand shot at around a 350-375' range...

I would die for that distance on my FH. As of now, I have to BH anny and the low speed turn/fade is never as strong as what you can get on a BH with an over stable disc and big skips... never.

Too bad we can't meet up and teach the other what we lack LOL

I save my forehand shots for a couple of tee shots that need the disc to go right. If I throw forehand too much, I throw my shoulder out.